• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurant do you/would you choose as your last night of your trip meal?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
What restaurant do you choose to spend your last night of your trip, enjoying a meal and why? What restaurant would be the LAST place you want to spend your last trip night and why?

Last edited:
Honestly this would all depend on what my plans were for the last day and which park I am in. I'd probably pick a restaurant in or near the park I had scheduled for that day.

Now last "morning" breakfasts are different, where I am flying out that afternoon and want one last meal before I go. This time, we are doing Boathouse Brunch, but I've also done a character meal like Chef Mickey's.

I like to end my trip in the Magic Kingdom, so I would say Jungle Skipper Canteen or somewhere at Wilderness Lodge, then you can watch the fireworks after.

We don't always do it, but I like to end with a fireworks timed meal at California grill. Mind you, I may do a farewell character breakfast on our actual departure day, but that last night is different. By the last night, I'm usually tired, I'd like something special, and I'd like something with a lot of the magic...I just don't always want to be in a park for it because of that end of trip exhaustion. So, we settle in for a nice meal and cocktails with a view of MK, and then catch the show from up there without having to fight the crowds of the park one last time.

What restaurant do you choose to spend your last night of your trip, enjoying a meal and why? What restaurant would be the LAST place you want to spend your last trip night and why?
For my trip in May, I made my reservation for the last night at Narcoossee’s. I’ve never been, but even if I had, the menu has changed. I chose that as my last dinner because I wanted a restaurant near MK - MK is my favorite, and it’s incredibly magical at night. I figure I’ll have an early enough dinner so that I’ll have a good 2 hours or so in the park. I haven’t been to WDW enough to have a must-do on last day dinner, but now that I’m an AP holder, that will change

Steak is my favorite meal (steak and potatoes), so I could switch Narcoossee’s with Steakhouse 71, but I love the view that the former has from GF

It just depends on what else we are doing that day. I guess we've never thought of it as a last meal kind of thing - just whatever made sense based on our schedule. Now, we do kind of have a first night tradition. We stay at Copper Creek more than anywhere else, as it's our DVC home resort. We rarely make ADR's for our first night in case we get hung up in travel somewhere. So it's usually drinks and apps at Territory Lounge followed by Geyser Point for dinner and the Electric Water Pageant.

I'll typically schedule the last dinner at San Angel. Partly because I love Epcot and the immersive atmosphere provided. My last day is usually a travel day and like PP its usually at MK so a lunch at Skippers is in order.

Our last night is usually a Friday, so we leave the parks early evening as they are usually packed and eat at one of the resort Signature restaurants.

Depends. Most times by the end of our vacation we are tired of big meals and we go get chicken guy or Blaze Pizza. Just something easy and quick so we can get back to pack.

This time we are eating at Narcoossee's for our last meal so we can see the renovations.. but that isn't the norm for us.

If I were planning a trip now, I'd try for Storybook Dining @ AP. We haven't eaten there yet & I can't imagine a better way to end a trip than dinner with Dopey. FWIW, that would be the only character meal we'd book.

To answer your other question, Raglan Road would be the last place I'd consider for our last night.

We usually do something near or in MK and close MK down. Previous trips it’s been Ohana, BOG. But this past trip our last night was a party night and we weren’t interested so we did CG during fireworks. It was perfect. We even got a window seat.

The next morning we did Topolino’s breakfast.

Our flights are usually in the late afternoon or evening, so our last meal is usually breakfast at or near whatever resort we're staying at. Recently I had breakfast at Trattoria Forno and loved it. Last time DH and I had a late flight, we were at OKW, so we had tuna fish sandwiches at Good's to Go. So location dictates where we eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter