• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurant is the most trouble to physically get to?

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
I remember hating the climb to the monorail when going to chef mickey's. we had to leave pop and catch the bus, then walk to monorail and it seemed a little too much trouble for the meal.

I remember hating the climb to the monorail when going to chef mickey's. we had to leave pop and catch the bus, then walk to monorail and it seemed a little too much trouble for the meal.

Many restaurants will require multiple changes of transportation, especially if you're coming from a Value or Moderate resort to any other resort to eat. The alternative to taking a monorail from the Magic Kingdom would be just walking the 5-10 minutes to the Contemporary from around the bus stop. I consider that an EASY restaurant to get to.

It is infinitely easier to get to a resort restaurant when you're at a theme park or Downtown Disney, as those places are direct transportation hubs to all Disney resorts. Traveling from resort to resort will usually require traveling to a hub and switching transport to the next resort.

It's obviously easier for anyone at the Magic Kingdom resorts to travel to another MK resort, as it is for the Epcot resorts around Crescent Lake to visit restaurants among those 5 resorts.

Because you're at Pop Century, you'll have longer travel times if you're coming directly from your resort to get to another resort. I've needed to give myself an HOUR of travel time to be sure I'd be on time for an ADR. However, it's easier to take a cab if you feel your time will be more valuable, and most far flung places on property won't cost more than $15-20 one way.

One of the many problems when you use Disney Transportation to travel from one resort to another resort for meals. Plan for a hour to get to your destination and hope for the best.

For me it's getting to Jiko or Boma. There is no easy way to get to the AKL unless you are already at one of the parks, and that still leaves the dilemma of a long and inconvenient trip back. I usually just take the cab back to our resort after dinner unless I am heading back to a park. But as the others have mentioned, this is really a problem anywhere you may go if going from resort to resort. :)

For me it's getting to Jiko or Boma. There is no easy way to get to the AKL unless you are already at one of the parks, and that still leaves the dilemma of a long and inconvenient trip back. I usually just take the cab back to our resort after dinner unless I am heading back to a park. But as the others have mentioned, this is really a problem anywhere you may go if going from resort to resort. :)

I agree. We came to Boma one day from AK, ride over was fine. Getting back to Boardwalk took about 1 1/2 hours. Next time we'd just take a cab.

Agreed! And Boma is my favorite! We usually plan to go to a park after to make life easier! :)

Any restaurant at a Resort will be just as much of a hassle as Chef Mickey's. I'd plan to eat in the park, or eat at resorts that are near your park of the day.

We tend to use the Magic Kingdom as our resort to resort hub when buses are required. It tends to have longer hours and greater bus volume.

Mostly, we just get a cab. It is cheaper than you think an very convenient.

Trail's End is actually the most difficult. No matter where you are coming form, you have to take a bus from a Park (or DTD) to Fort Wilderness. Then you have to change to an internal bus.

And to get back to any Resort, you have to take the internal bus, then a bus to aa Park or DTD, and then transportation to your Resort.

I agree about using the MK as the park hub for transportation. We had one experience years ago where we were staying at POR and had a later dinner reservation at Ohana's. We took the bus to MK and the boat to the Poly. The problem we discovered was that the MK closed early that night, like 7 or 8pm, and our dinner reservation was for 9. So we were stuck trying to find a way back to our resort as were learned that the MK might have stopped their bus service. I think that we did manage to take the Monorail to the MK and caught the last bus back to the resort. But there was a trip that we weren't so fortunate and had to catch a bus to DTD and then the resort bus from there.

AK can pose a challenge, but you either take a bus back to a theme park or to DTD and your resort shuttle form there.

As much as I want to try Jiko, we really don't like going to the bus-only resorts for meals. We have made the decision as a family to only eat (1) in the park we are in that day, (2) at our resort, or (3) at monorail resorts when we are either staying in a monorail resort or are in Epcot or MK that day. We fully acknowledge that the monorail could break down and cause a change to these plans, but it works for us.

Hate to be a little ray of sunshine but.................I love the Disney transport and consider it to be part of the dining experience.
The ferry/boat trip to Trail's End is one of my best memories! There was an lightning storm and we had to stay in the middle of Bay Lake until it was over. I was with a nice family in the back of the boat.
The boat trip from POR to DTD also, and a big reason I stay there.

The bus depot at DTD is another story all together! It is to be avoided at all costs. :scared1:

We always do a " boat around the lake cocktail hour" where we use the boats to get to GF, POLY,WL, WLC and CR for drinks at Mizner's, Tambu, Territory and Crockett's, finishing with The Outer Rim or Cali Grill Lounge!

Yikes now I'm just bummed I'm not there.:rotfl:

we used disney transportation, adn, by and large enjoyed it, or at least found it part of the experience...
Hardest to get to / from for us was Boma, just *** it was so far away and needed a couple changes too.
Chef Mickey's was one of the easier ones, for us from WL it was easy peasy.

I wanted to do a breakfast at Cape May on our upcoming trip but I have no idea how we would get there without a car. Any suggestions? We will be staying at the CSR.

Trail's End is actually the most difficult. No matter where you are coming form, you have to take a bus from a Park (or DTD) to Fort Wilderness. Then you have to change to an internal bus.

And to get back to any Resort, you
have to take the internal bus, then a bus to aa Park or DTD, and then
transportation to your Resort.

If the Magic Kingdom is open late, this is actually one of the easiest to do. I would take the Ft. Wilderness boat launch from the MK, because it is a short walk past the dock to either Hoop De Doo or Trail's End.

If it's a breakfast or lunch, I would take the boat back to the Magic Kingdom and go to a park or resort. If it was dinner, I would either see if the buses back to resorts from Hoop De Doo are there, or take the boat back to the MK.

I agree that it would be a pain using the internal buses and transportation back from another park or DTD if the MK has short park hours.

IMO Chef Mickey's is one of the easiest restaurants to get to. You have so many options - monorail, walk, bus, boat...
If you found going to the CR to be a hassle, I don't recommend you try dining at AKL or the Epcot resorts (unless you're in World Showcase already).

I wanted to do a breakfast at Cape May on our upcoming trip but I have no idea how we would get there without a car. Any suggestions? We will be staying at the CSR.
Bus from CSR to DHS and walk (about 15 to 20 minutes) or boat to Beach Club.

If you are in Epcot you can get out of Epcot at the international gateway between England & France and it is about a 5 minute walk to Beach Club.

Bus from CSR to DHS and walk (about 15 to 20 minutes) or boat to Beach Club.

If you are in Epcot you can get out of Epcot at the international gateway between England & France and it is about a 5 minute walk to Beach Club.

I won't be able to be in Epcot because they wouldn't be open yet - breakfast in our family is around 8. I guess the bus to DHS and walk to Beach Club would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter