What restaurant was one and done for you?

This!! Also Woody's (though that is not open right now). Sooo good. I've never had a bad meal at HS though, not necessarily fantastic, but not something I would never eat again.

The only complaint I have for Woody's is that it was incredibly hard to find a table when we went two Septembers ago. Took my wife and I about 20 minutes to find a table that was, unsurprisingly, right in the sun. I'm very surprised that they elected not to enclose that one.

For me its the Beach Club breakfast buffet (way too much money for a breakfast buffet with nothing really great about it) and the Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffet (same issues). Maybe we just don't like breakfast buffets? Ha.

Won't be doing any more of those, and haven't for 5 years.

Used to like San Angel inn, but with the newest round of price increases just don't think its worth it anymore. Sad, as I was one of its 13 defenders.

The only complaint I have for Woody's is that it was incredibly hard to find a table when we went two Septembers ago. Took my wife and I about 20 minutes to find a table that was, unsurprisingly, right in the sun. I'm very surprised that they elected not to enclose that one.

Yes! I was there August 2018 and it was just ridiculous... I mean toy story land was still really new then so it was packed, but not being able to find a table to sit and have my tea and breakfast was really stressful... I'm one person and couldn't find anywhere to sit - that's insane!

Yea, that wouldn't be fun. Luckily for me the 3 times I've been to Woody's, I've been one of only a few people there and had no trouble finding a seat.

For us it is ABC Commissary. Extremely difficult to find a seat. While you’re eating, people are hovering nearby waiting to get a table. Plus the food tastes like it has been sitting in a warmer somewhere. They really should have CMs in the dining area not allowing people to take tables until they get their food.

I definitely have one that everyone seems to love! We ate at Art Smith's Homecomin, after anxiously awaiting to eat there! I was really excited due to all the favorable reports. We ordered the chicken dinner. The waitress recommended only ordering one as they were pretty big portions, so that's what we did. The chicken was okay, nothing to be bragged about. But the Potatoes!!!! They were soupy thin and you had to eat them with a spoon. They also had some weird spice in them so they tasted funny. The rest of the meal wasn't that good including biscuits. We were really disappointed in the meal, and the waitress charged us for 2 meals anyway. It was my fault for not looking at the receipt until later, and didn't want to go back to dS to change it. So, one and done for me.
I had the same impression about their potatoes but had them recently and they were MUCH better. But the Mac and cheese is still best. Just in case you ever want to try again!

Last edited:
Yes! I was there August 2018 and it was just ridiculous... I mean toy story land was still really new then so it was packed, but not being able to find a table to sit and have my tea and breakfast was really stressful... I'm one person and couldn't find anywhere to sit - that's insane!

The Wife was pregnant when we went in September of 2018 (we were on our honeymoon), so I definitely would've preferred indoor seating with AC for her. Fortunately, a family noticed us walking around and gave us their table as they were packing up which was incredibly nice. Definitely get that Toy Story land was new and incredibly popular, but the seating arrangement at Woody's just seems like a very obvious misstep by Disney.

The one positive of our experience: We could see SDD from there and noticed it went down, and we finished our lunch right as it reopened so we were able to get in line and ride with only a 15 minute or so wait.

Yea, that wouldn't be fun. Luckily for me the 3 times I've been to Woody's, I've been one of only a few people there and had no trouble finding a seat.

That's encouraging. We're planning on taking DD at some point (likely Fall of 22 if I had to guess), and her and my wife both LOVE Toy Story so we'd like to go there for lunch at some point during our next trip. Hopefully it's not too crazy this time around.

Well, after reading the 7 pages so far I have the unpopular opinion:

Tiffins

The service was terrible, the food was not our cup of tea in the first place, but what we did order no one in my family of 4 liked any of it. Although the restaurant itself is very nice looking, we just were totally disappointed with it in the end... its not a place I think I'll try a second time.

Edited to add: We were there on a Christmas Package last year... and the park and restaurant were both VERY busy, so its possible this is a factor.

Brown Derby. It may have been a one-off bad service situation, but why go back when there are other options. I think a lot of us have that feeling about different places. I have seen some of my favorites mentioned in this thread.

The Wife was pregnant when we went in September of 2018 (we were on our honeymoon), so I definitely would've preferred indoor seating with AC for her. Fortunately, a family noticed us walking around and gave us their table as they were packing up which was incredibly nice.
This is OT, but I always give my table to people with food instead of just leaving it open if it’s busy. They deserve to sit and eat while their food is still hot.

A lottle off topic - but almost any of the F & W booths. They were disgusting - one after another. Food uncooked, unseasoned. Just gross.

Ohana. Husband hated the flavor of the meats. We were rushed - it felt as if the server just wanted us to hurry up and move on. I don't understand how this is a must do restaurant.

Ohana for sure. Too many kids (even for WDW), too loud, and nothing memorable on the menu. The Polynesian desperately needs a signature restaurant that discourages (or at least doesn’t encourage) every family with ten kids to show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter