What Resturant ??

seashell996

Mouseketeer
We are going in the end Oct to the begining of Nov with are granddaughter whom is 4 year What are some good resturants to take her to ?

What kind of food does she like? Are you talking about breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all of the above?) Are you thinking about counter service or table service? Are you interested in taking her to a character meal? If so, which Disney characters doe she love the most?

Character meals are always fun with little ones. To meet the princesses you could take her Akershus in Epcot or Cinderella's Royal Table in MK. If she likes Winnie the Pooh characters there is the Crystal Palace in MK or breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian (this one also has Alice and Mary Poppins). Then there are a number of other character meals where she can meet Mickey or some members of the Fab Five (Goofy, Minnie, Donald, Pluto). And for the Stitch fans there is 'Ohana at the Polynesian. You can always search for character meals on the Disney website to see which one has the best combo of characters and food for your family.

Last edited:
For any meal, I would definitely recommend Crystal Palace in MK or 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. Chef Mickey's breakfast at the Contemporary is really fun (though loud!). If you're looking for a little more time away, Mickey's Backyard BBQ (dinner only) at Ft. Wilderness could be enjoyable - it's a family buffet and your granddaughter could sing with Mickey and Friends. These are more expensive, but definitely worthwhile and within a short travel distance from MK.

Tusker House breakfast buffet in Animal Kingdom was excellent for character interactions and they had food that appealed to both young and old. Plus the Jungle Juice is very good!

Our favorite character meals are breakfast at Tusker House and lunch at Crystal Palace. The Hoop Dee Doo dinner show is really fun, DD didn't get much of the jokes but I don't think I've ever seen her laugh that hard! She also really enjoyed the kid's menu offerings and desserts at Jiko.

My daughter's (3 years old) favourites were:

-Biergarten - she loved the music and getting to go dance on the stage

-Chef Mickey's - the food wasn't out of this world, but it had kid friendly classics and she loved the atmosphere & seeing the characters

-Sanaa - food was delicious and my DD absolutely adored watching the animals while we ate

Our very first character dinner when our daughter was 4 was Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort, she loved eating with Mickey and his friends. I would say for sure Crystal Palace for Winnie the Pooh and his friends, a previous poster put Plaza Restaurant but they don't have characters at Plaza Restaurant. We also ate in the castle at Cinderella's Royal Table and she loved it too.

I would definitely recommend a character meal and just pick the one that has characters that interest her the most. There area couple of Princess options (CRT, 1900PF, Akershus), or if she's more a Fab-5 (Mickey & Friends) type person than Tusker House is good or CM (although CM not so much for the food). If she watches Disney Jr. then Hollywood & Vine would be a good choice or if she likes Pooh and Friends try Crystal Palace.

My kiddos are 3 and 5 and have been to Disney three times so far. Here are their big picks:
Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest (breakfast)- its so fun to explore the rooms and they got a little pastry platter that they enjoyed, Crystal Palace was nice but felt a bit crowded and noisy when we were there- great if she is into seeing characters, Cinderella's Castle was amazing for my little princess dressed up as Cinderella, but no one in our party really liked the food. We ended up getting snacks later after dinner
Hollywood Studios: definitely Hollywood & Vine- the Disney Jr. characters were amazing with interacting with the kids and the tables allowed enough space in between to get good pics (Doc even gave my daughter's Lambie a checkup)
Animal Kingdom: Tusker House- the characters come around which is exciting and my kids loved joining in the little parade, buffets also are easier with little ones to eliminate wait time
Epcot: Still haven't found a favorite for them... the ice cream is usually to blame for them not eating oops!

Highly recommend a pre-park opening breakfast at the Magic Kingdom (CRT or Crystal Palace) for the character interaction and the less crowded park pictures. If you are thinking about Disney Springs, as opposed to one of the parks or resorts, I recommend Raglan Road. It's an Irish restaurant and bar with live music and step-dancing. It's my DD's (now 8) favorite restaurant at Disney, and she has been to each of the character meals discussed in this thread many times.

Chef Mickey's for the fun, characters visiting the tables, and picture opportunities. Food is ok.

Beaches and Cream at Beach Club is fun. An old fashioned soda fountain. Very informal and fun. She would find any number of things to eat there.

MK: Cinderella Royal Table/Crystal Palace
HS: Hollywood and Vine
EP: Garden Grill, Akershus, Biergarten
AK: Tusker House
Resorts: Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May & Ohana breakfast

A few of my kids favorites have been-

Ohana breakfast- Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto
Tusker House- Fab 5 in safari gear
Crystal Palace- Winnie the Pooh and friends
Akershus breakfast- princesses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter