What rides are hard on your body?

scoobert2

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I are headed to Universal Orlando Tuesday. This is my first visit and I am so excited. I have been reading but haven't found any information on how jerky/rough different rides are on your body. I know the Aerosmith roller coaster at Disney was awfully hard on my back and neck because of the zero to whatever so I wanted to avoid the jerky rides if possible. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Here now. I do ride all of them but the hardest on my 65 YO body are Rip Ride Rock It (head and neck) and Hulk (same). My back feels well supported on most rides. If you are able to brace with your legs and keep your head back you can do them. I don’t get motion sickness on rides though so YMMV.

Rip Ride Rockit is hard for me (too much of a headbanger) so I no longer ride it. Hulk is sometimes an issue if I'm not hydrated and fed. Simpsons and Forbidden Journey bother me at times, but I can usually close my eyes on the rides and shake it off afterwards.

RRR, Hulk, Transformers and Mummy can all be bone shakers.

Mummy has some jerky stops that if you haven’t braced it will jerk your head back into the seat, but most of the actual ride is fine.

I think for bone shakers, they’re the worst….

I will say, I ride anything......and most rides that others say is rough, I don't even notice. BUT, I did on Rip Ride Rocket...I still ride (some) but, anyone with me that worries about the jerking, I tell them not to.

Rip Ride Rocket shakes you around a lot. I didn't find that too bad on the hulk, but my son did warn me ahead of time, to try and steady my head. It was a little jerky. As much as I LOVE the Mummy ride, it has a very hard stop in it.
VC is so smooth, but it has some crazy acceleration. Several other simulator rides cause me motion sickness.

Last edited:
Rip Ride Rocket it hard to keep your head from moving around. The screen based rides can get you if you are prone to motion sickness

I am a ride coward, so other people will be able to more helpful. Based on your issues, here are some the rides you may want to skip:
Spiderman
Transformers
Simpsons
Forbidden Journey

I’m in my 50s with (controlled) RA. I ride everything and generally don’t have issues, but Rip Ride Rocket beat me up something good on our most recent trip! That’s the one ride I will now refuse to do again.

Rip Ride Rocket for sure! I felt like I was in a car accident when I got off that ride!

Just as far as jerkiness, as other said Rip Ride Rockit is the worst. Lots of hard braking through an intense coaster layout that is a bit shaky. Hulk also shakes you a bit, but not as bad as RRR.
Mummy had some rattle and a couple sudden stops for scenes, with a launch but wasn't too bad. It was also just refurbed so could be smoother now too.
Transformers and Spider-Man I wouldn't say are jerky but their motions do toss you around a little bit but not anything too extreme. If you look up ride clips (not POVs) it can give you a good idea of how much. Forbidden Journey tosses you around too, but you are held fairly snig in the seat so your upper body won't move much. However, if prone to motion sickness, it can make that act up.
Simpsons tosses you around in a simulator some, you stay in place but motion seats so depends on how stuff affects you. It does cause the most motion sickness amongst guests overall too.
Since you mentioned the launch on RnRC, Velocicoaster does have a starting launch as well. As long as you prepare for it its fine and the ride itself is extremely smooth. There is a second launch in the middle but you are already moving (40mph to 70mph) so it shouldn't cause the same issue for you.

I don’t get motion sickness so can’t really address that but I did go to Universal three months post major shoulder surgery. I was fine on most things but Hulk and Gringott’s both hurt. After Gringott’s I didn’t even try Mummy or Rip Ride Rock-it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter