What rides in all parks would bother someone with dizziness or motion sickness?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
What rides would bother someone who easily gets dizziness or motion sickness with fast moving pictures, etc around them? I always had discomfort with circle vision type attractions, and I get that even worse now. Appreciate the replies!

Ditto star tours.

Big Thunder Mountain had me scrambling for motion sickness meds the first time I rode it. It hasn’t been so bad since, not sure why. Also mad tea party.

I don’t know how bad your motion sickness is. My husband cannot do Star Tours or RnR, but can do tower of terror and all other roller coasters. Soarin’ and FOP might be problems, but they are OK for him. The same for the safari, it might be a problem if you get car sick. He also cannot do the carousel at MK, or the mad tea cups. Mission space is also an issue at Epcot. Everything else is good.

Star Tours for sure and Tower or Terror I actually ran to the bathroom after and got sick. For whatever reason I can do Rock N Rollercoaster.
Everest I can do but I feel kind of yucky when we go backwards. I am to scared to try Primal Whirl. I took Dramamine for FOP but won't be riding again.
I have done all the mountains at MK but no longer ride any except for Splash. I can do 7 dwarfs but it makes me a bit queasy.
I do not do Mission Space and Soarin & Test Track do not bother me at all.

What rides would bother someone who easily gets dizziness or motion sickness with fast moving pictures, etc around them? I always had discomfort with circle vision type attractions, and I get that even worse now. Appreciate the replies!

Far too many to list. That very much depends on what your tolerance is and what issues bother you. You could literally get dizzy on the carousel...DW does. The list can go on an on...Space, Splash, EE, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, BTMRR, RnR, ToT, Soarin', Mission Space, Astro Orbiter, Magic Carpets, Dumbo, Teacups, Star Tours, 7DMT, FoP, Test Track, etc...

Anything that goes in circles and anything that is a simulator ride. These have all made me sick in the past. Even Nemo in the current section with all the bubbles would make me ill!

Not sure if you have talked to your doctor about it - but I did some physical therapy for it - and my ability to avoid motion sickness has GREATLY improved. I was skeptical when I started - but the results have been life-changing.

Mission Space. My SO thought he could do Orange on his first time since "all of the kids are doing it." Go for it! He got off and threw up in the dirt area. He couldn't make it to the bathroom. He was sick the entire night.

Star Tours, one time for me and never again, dizzy and ill. I did R&R and was not feeling well after riding. FOP was really ok but had to close eyes at one point. The high speed and plunging drop got to me. I have fast passes for FOP next week and love it, best ride ever. Just know that it will be an awesome ride and close your eyes if you need to.

I found Everest bothered me. I have inner ear balance issues and can handle most roller coasters but found i was a little wobbly after Everest. It could have also been that it was the last day of our trip after numerous long days and the heat. RnR is another one. Otherwise i think most other rides are tame compared to say universal.

Anything that goes in circles and anything that is a simulator ride. These have all made me sick in the past. Even Nemo in the current section with all the bubbles would make me ill!

Not sure if you have talked to your doctor about it - but I did some physical therapy for it - and my ability to avoid motion sickness has GREATLY improved. I was skeptical when I started - but the results have been life-changing.

I guess this is what I was looking for. Exactly, best way to describe it, thank you!

Did you have any ear issues that led to your difficulty? Is this the vestibular therapy?

I found Everest bothered me. I have inner ear balance issues and can handle most roller coasters but found i was a little wobbly after Everest. It could have also been that it was the last day of our trip after numerous long days and the heat. RnR is another one. Otherwise i think most other rides are tame compared to say universal.

Yes, I have inner ear issues, BPPV and I went on a spinning roller coaster in the summer and that set off my issues again. What about Everest bothered you? Was it the backwards part? RnR I won't do anyway, due to neck issues.

Star Tours, one time for me and never again, dizzy and ill. I did R&R and was not feeling well after riding. FOP was really ok but had to close eyes at one point. The high speed and plunging drop got to me. I have fast passes for FOP next week and love it, best ride ever. Just know that it will be an awesome ride and close your eyes if you need to.

Does closing your eyes solve the problem? Is the screen moving mostly or the chair, etc? Never been on anything like that.

I don’t know how bad your motion sickness is. My husband cannot do Star Tours or RnR, but can do tower of terror and all other roller coasters. Soarin’ and FOP might be problems, but they are OK for him. The same for the safari, it might be a problem if you get car sick. He also cannot do the carousel at MK, or the mad tea cups. Mission space is also an issue at Epcot. Everything else is good.

This sounds a lot like me. Thank you

Mission Space is the only ride I can't do. I don't get motion sick and loooove fast or simulator rides, but mission space is too much. Don't recommend.

I think I may have skipped this also due to concerns, I also have neck issues so that was why I also skipped.

I got motion sickness mostly on simulator type rides. Star Tours is bad for me. My son loves it though, so I just close my eyes. Of course I don't get much out of the ride, but I can at least ride with him and not leave feeling sick. I'm okay on Mission Space but the green side, I have never brave orange. Spinny stuff is definitely out, so Teacups and Primeval Whirl. Other than that I'm good. Roller coasters are generally not an issue for me and I really have no problem with any of them at WDW. There is one small section of BTMRR that I get a whoozy feeling, but it passes very quickly.

To be honest? All of them. But you just have to get over the feeling, with whatever skills you have...

I still cannot convince myself to get on Space Mtn. Or RnR or EE or ToT or any of those thrill rides. I think the wildest rides I put myself through are Splash Mtn and I tried BMTRR once (will never do that again!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter