What rides in Canada's wonderland is comparable to Disney?

marconat

DIS Veteran
This summer I'm going to visit Toronto... That's all my wallet allows ha! ha! I've been to Marineland about 15 years ago, it must have changed by now... and I also want to go to Canada's Wonderland... I was wondering what rides are similar to Disney! I have a 7 year old daughter (not afraid of mild coasters) and a 11 year old son, who is afraid of everything ha! ha! He was wondering how Sponge Bob was, is it like Shrek in US...
Thank you for your help...

I really enjoy PCW's ~ the water park is awesome! They have WAY better thrill rides than WDW. However, it's lacking in the "magic" that Disney provides. Still, Wonderland is a nice place and worth a visit. Mild roller coaster are Silver Streak and Ghoster Coaster....I'm somewhat of a grown-up and I like these rides!

There are a few "losing" comparable rides;

Anique Carrousel = Cinderella's Carrousel
Timberwolf Falls = has the same 5 story splash as Splash Mountain
White Water Canyon = a tame Kali River Rapids
Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion = same effects as Buzz Lightyear ride
The Fly = Primeval Whirl
Thunder Run = mild Space Mountain / Big Thunder Mountain
Drop Zone = Tower of Tower drop

Remember they are different parks so don't expect Disney, but PCW is still a hoot! Enjoy ~ Sandra

I havne't been since the late 80's but we bought season passes and plan on going often. actually going this friday night for passholder night.

i don't ride a lot of the rollercosters but Patrick does.

hopefully it will be fun and exciting and we can get our park fix even if it isn't disney.

Sorry to highjack this thread, but has Wonderland been sold. I received a mailer from them and they are no longer called Paramount Canadas Wonderland. I also remember something about annual passes are good at cedar parks. Are cedar parks parmamount? Or a completely different company?

different company.

I went on saturday and they've really cleaned the park up. Everythings newly painted and they've added 2 new restuarants, a 50's diner and a buffet.

I can't wait until next year as Cedar Springs is famous for buying parks and adding AMAZING roller coasters. They just didn't have time this season.

Thank you for your help! I'll get my park fix this summer, and I won't compare it to Disney!!!! After all Disney is Disney... It's my favorite place in the world. I'll be going back again someday... just can't stay away for tooooo long.

Just checked out their site. Looks like you can buy different passes this year - Canada's Wonderland, Cedar max pass (includes CW plus 11 other parks) You'd have to look further to check out where the other parks are - may be worth investigating if any are a reasonable drive away!

Regardind PCW being sold a rumor that will not die is that it will eventually be moved to an area off of highway 401 near Woodstock. It seems that the land value at Vaughn is too much to turn down. But it is just a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.

I have heard the rumour for years that it was to be moved to Niagara Falls which would make more sense than near Woodstock but my husband met someone who works for the company that bought CW and he said that there was some talk years ago which is where the rumour started but they are not moving. You never know, though, there doesn't seem to be enough land to add any more to it.

I've been to King's Dominon before. And want to go again this summer. I actually asked when I was at Wonderland and they said you can upgrade your pass at any time to the "maxx" pass. So i got a normal season pass and if I find time to go down i'll just upgrade before I go.

Sucks a little as before the other paramount parks were included at no extra cost. And now we have to pay to visit these 'sister' parks.

PCW has been sold, but it's not moving. S

I also heard that it's moving to Niagara Falls beside Marineland ... actually from the Contractors that will be taking on the job. But I'm sure that this will take some time to do.

:confused3

I heard it is moving aswell to woodstock and to Niagara falls area, who knows, all I know is I would love it to be in Niagara I think they would make a ton more money with the tourism that goes there every summer from around the world plus across the bordar

Canada's Wonderland is now owned by Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair also owns the famous Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio and Knott's Berry Farm near Disneyland, Dorney Park in Pennsylvania, Valleyfair in Minnesota and Michigan's Adventure and the rest of the old Paramount Parks.

Cedar Fair is a great company and hopefully next year they will put a new state of the art coaster into Wonderland.

Your kids might like the coaster, Italian Job. It has a bit of theming to it, so it is somewhat Disneylike. Sponge Bob is more like Jimmy Neutron at Universal than Shrek.

Just a reminder for everyone with CAA. They have a decent 1 day park pass discount only $38.00 during peak season and a little less for spring and fall. That's not bad considering this year's 1 day park pass is $51.00. And June 10 is CAA member day only $28.00 for adult day pass. :banana: As for a move to Woodstock, I find that hard to believe as there would be a serious drop in the season pass holder $$. This area might be growing but it is not TO. yet!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter