What rides to avoid with 4 and 6 yo?

Thanks all. Ill check out the videos. Having never been there I just wanted to make sure I don't start them on a ride that might scare their pants off and them be unwilling to try other rides or put them on a ride that didn't seem safe despite meeting the height restriction. We haven't done a lot of theme park rides in the past. I like the glow stick/ small light suggestion.

Thanks all. Ill check out the videos. Having never been there I just wanted to make sure I don't start them on a ride that might scare their pants off and them be unwilling to try other rides or put them on a ride that didn't seem safe despite meeting the height restriction. We haven't done a lot of theme park rides in the past. I like the glow stick/ small light suggestion.
Just keep any glow sticks or lights low in the vehicle like in the child's lap. Otherwise they can be distracting to others, especially on darker attractions.

My 5 year old is still talking about how mad she is that she wasn't tall enough to go on Rock N Rollercoaster in January. She rode everything else that was 44" and under and loved them. She loved Dinosaur we went when she was 3. It was her favorite.

The other thing to keep in mind is that it's Disney. Yes, they have thrill rides, but the park is very family and young child oriented. Some rides can be scary because they're dark, even if they're not fast, but they're not intended to be "scare you to death" type rides. Even Haunted Mansion isn't a truly scary mansion...it's dark and meant to be creepy for sure, but not like you'd imagine at a carnival or something.

Definitely be mindful of the glow stick/small light on dark rides. I understand the concept behind it, but as LilyWDW said, it can be distracting and rude to other guests. I'm not a fan.

We are headed to Disney with DS 6 and DD 4. They are currently 49 and 41 inches tall. What rides should we avoid despite them being tall enough? What rides should we wait until the end as not scare them from doing other rides? We are doing 2 days at MK, and Epcot and AK 1 day each.

This is such a personal thing for every kid. My 5yo daughter loves ToT , her favorite ride ever. She's also terrified of the haunted mansion.

This post makes me think back to our first trip. Our first ride was ToT and she was 4. She didn't want to ride it again that trip, but fast forward 1 year and it was her second favorite ride. Splash was favorite. Now she is 7 and is so excited to be tall enough for Rockin.

We are headed to Disney with DS 6 and DD 4. They are currently 49 and 41 inches tall. What rides should we avoid despite them being tall enough? What rides should we wait until the end as not scare them from doing other rides? We are doing 2 days at MK, and Epcot and AK 1 day each.

We never avoided anything. Whatever they were tall enough to ride, they rode. Even as babies, if there was no height restriction, they rode. I was of the mindset that "If you haven't done it, you don't know if you'll like it or not, so give it a try".

The only thing I'd say to avoid is It's Tough to Be A Bug. Bugs can be scary for little ones - and animated faces don't help much with that. The "interactive" part was a little too much for my kids.

It was terrifying for me as an adult I will never do that again.

My 5 year old nephew is begging to go on HM this year and I even showed him a ride POV to be sure, however last year was terrified to go on Buzz lightyear space ranger spin after seeing the realistic buzz in the waiting room, it of course ended up being his favorite and then we had to ride it several more times. It was strange the things he reacted to and what he didn't pirates and peter pan were hands down his favorite though

I would also echo people saying Dinosaur and Stitch, I have yet to be on Dinosaur where there isn't a family with a young kid in our car who loves dinosaurs yet ends up in tears by the end of the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter