What Section of PO is Better for Couples?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
My dh is going to be in Orlando for a convention and I thought I might join him. We just got back from an 11 night stay! We have never stayed in a moderate before. The prices are great, and we won't be spending much time at the resort so I thought a moderate might be a good option? What section of PO would be better for our first stay at WDW without kids?

All of PO is lovely, but we like POFQ best. Everything is close by, and there's always room for us to sit on the bus.

I think that POFQ would be most romantic. Wrought iron, the gardens, the smallness of the resort.

I stayed in PO Riverside in May of 2000 and it was really nice, although I would recommend the mansions for you, not the other, because the mansions are lovely. It was beautiful on the property!

POR mansions. POR has more amenities and is a beautiful resort! The mansions have beautiful gardens and lovely quiet pools for a quick dip. :p

We stayed at POR with the kids. POFQ looked awesome would have liked to stay there. It looks very pretty for couples. I was very impressed with the whole atmosphere at both places. Have fun!!

I prefer the mansionsat Riverside; DH loves FQ-- we stay in bldg 3, third floor corner room. Comfy king size bed and very quiet. Both are nice... FQ is more romantic, but I like the walk from the mansions to the main area.... flowers are lovely.

Does the mansion area give the same amount of shade when walking as the Bayou side does? That shade is great f going at a hot time of year.

The alligator Bayou section of POR has many more trees, more shade, and a much more private feel to it. It just feels more romantic to me. I have stayed at POR, AB section 4 times when it was called Dixie Landings. The mansions certaintly look beautiful, but the other side really feels more private.

Thanks Claudia. I know my husband was really fond of the shade in May. We are coming back in two weeks sans grands, and although we liked the looks of the mansion rooms (inside) better, they just didn't seem to be very shaded. The shade was the reason to rebook POR vs AllStars, so I don't want to give that up.

We are staying at PO-FQ this fall, but of the 2 sections of PO-R that we have stayed in previously, we preferred Alligator Bayou as a "couples" retreat. It was quiet, peaceful, and there weren't a whole lot of kids running up and down the outside hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter