What shoes are the most comfortable to wear in the parks?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
What shoes do you find are the most comfortable to wear in the parks? We've always worn sneakers with two pairs of thin socks, but I sometimes get blisters on my pinkie toes! We usually put a drying foot powder on our feet too. This works well for everyone but me!

I just bought my new Easy Sprit walking shoes and I am "breaking" them in now. I always get so many blisters when we do all the parks!! But it never seems to stop me. I know what you mean, my husband doesn't get blisters either?? I have read that if you use "mole skin" it will prevent blisters, I have not been able to find it, and am wondering what it is any way?? LoL :D :D :D :D :D

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

44 days to All Star Movies!!!!!

Moleskin is fantastic. It's kind of like a dense felt with a super sticky backing. You put it over any areas where you feel you may develop a blister or where you are getting a "hot spot." You can find it with the Dr. Scholl's products in most drug stores or WalMart. They also sell Mole Foam, which I do not like. It is way too bulky and doesn't stick on as well as Moleskin. Precut some pieces of Moleskin and throw it in your fanny pack or pocket. That way you will have it with you when you need it.

I also like Easy Spirits for comfort. I must admit that I hate the look of them, but I guess I can sacrifice looks for comfort...especially since no one in Florida knows me anyway. ;)

I have also read on this board to spray your feet with antiperspirant to keep from getting blisters. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like a good idea.

I've used moleskin, but don't find it particularly effective. Eventually the adhesive pulls away from the skin and it falls off.

We use moleskin all the time. We have never had any problems with it falling off. Sometimes it sticks so good, we forget it's there, and end up showering with it the next day LOL. I agree about the molefoam, stay away from that.

Erika

i play with the mole skin to TRY to get it to fall off and it doesnt. I too have showere with it forgetting its there and it works great i leave tommorrow for the world but had the moleskin packed in my luggage since may; my last trip.

I have always worn fairly new but "broken in" walking shoes. Nothing special just cheap walmart walking shoes and I have never gotten blisters. Just make sure your shoes fit well. Usually blisters will form from the shoe rubbing against your foot. If this is happening then you need another pair of shoes.

TIP: Go to the shoe dept. first. find a pair that you like (you might have to "try on" a few before you find the right ones. When you find the ones you like walk around the store wearing them. If after you have finished the rest of your shopping they are still comfrontable, then you have found the right shoe for you.

I prefer a comfortable pair of "broken in" loafers. 'Can't stand wearing sneakers and socks while warm out! Also, I like sandals too! Give those tootsies room to breath!!!

DH loves to wear Topsiders and ds wears sandals.

Hope it helps....

I vote for Teva's! I got a pair of Teva hiking sandals and they are so comfortable for hiking around DW. Try em, you'll love them, just make sure with any shoe or sandal you break them in before you use them to do alot of walking.

We go in January, so may wear different shoes than you.
Last January I took Rockports and my old Avias. I wore my Rockports only one day. They are comfortable, but my old Avias were better still.
Plus I take 3 - 4 pairs of blister free socks, just in case. I have worn regular and blister free socks and have had no problems in my Avias either way.

DH wears his Teva's -- with and without socks.

I bought Teva sandals and Saucony sneakers. I had my feet measured and looked for a long time for sneakers that fit right. I still ended up with major blisters! I can't even count the blisters. It didn't slow me down but boy did my feet hurt.

I swear by broken-in sneakers and thick white cotton socks. My wife and daughter wore Tevas, and both got blisters.

Bought some moleskin and also a spray called Blister Treatment Spray also by Scholl - you are supposed to spray it on instead of a plaster or moleskin - I had never seen it before but thought it must be worth a try. I wear soft leather sandals and am hoping they will dry out OK during the showers at this time of year - only 5 days to go.

Blister free socks are basically two socks knitted together. Double layer. So make sure your shoes are not too tight already.
DH is a runner and has GREAT socks! I suggest to everyone to find a local running or sports store and buy socks that are for distance.
DH also wears Thor lor (one word?) for running. Thye have nice soft extra padding at the toes and heels.

I wore my Berkenstock's for two solid weeks.
(BUT, I also carry moleskin, corn pads, callus pads
blister pads - JUST IN CASE!). One day I wore
sneakers and was too hot.

I am in the minority, but I prefer those thick flip flop type things. Now this would not be for people who are not used to wearing them, but I wear them all summer long. They don't rub anywhere and my feet stay cool. This is just me and what I prefer!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter