What shoes are the most comfortable to wear in the parks?

Last time we visited WDW I wore my Avia walking sneakers. They were super comfortable. I also purchased special socks made for walking. They have more padding in heel area and I think they helped quite a bit. I bought the socks at Sports Authority.

My sister and I both wore Merrell Jungle Mocs. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. My feet never hurt, never had blisters or any problems. I bought them through Yahoo! Shopping. My sister had broken hers in from a 3 week trip to China. Mine were practically brand new and no problems whatsoever. I had happy feet the whole time. :D

Had to put in my 2cents worth...Take it from a retail veteran. Duckheads loafers. I wore these working f/t on the sales floor as a store manager even while pregnant. After they were broken in, they felt just like putting on slippers. Mine were the style with the fringe and tassle. Had them for over a year and after getting a hole in them from scraping the shoe under a rack, I went and got another pair. I have "retail" feet and very few shoes are comfy to me for long periods of time except for these and my Van Eli black clogs.

purchased a pair of Ryka Walking shoes went to Disney feet did not
bother me at all. I usually have a hard time with me feet but Ryka's are
made by a woman for women and I just say they are great. My sis
used the Teva's and they were great for her. Have fun!!!!:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :jester: :jester: :jester:

I live near 2 New Balance Factory stores, so I am very partial to their cross-trainers. I bought some for me, DH, and DS last fall, and spent less than $50 total! And not one of us got a single blister! Of course, we were wearing them to break them in for almost a full month before heading to the World.

TEVAS!!!!!! I wore mine on our last trip, (9 days), and never had a problem. I also took 'em on a cruise and I walk between 2-4 miles every evening in them. They're the greatest!!

I have some Rockport Sandals that I have an emotional relationship with. If you ever need money, hold my rockports for ransom! Seriously though, I have worked for 15 years in the QSR industry, on my feet all day long every day, and Rockport makes some mighty fine footwear in my opinion. They are rather pricey tho!

I brought 2 pairs of gym shoes, one that were nike and the other were a cheaper
but well broken in pair of gym shoes and I would also suggest a comfy pair of
flip flops which i had to buy while there. I wore a pair of gym shoes in the AM to
parks, and then in the afternoon we would come back to the resort and go to the pool,
I would wear the flip flops around the resort and change to my other pair of gym shoes
for the evening park hopping. It felt good JUST switching to a different pair of shoes.
I did it every day.

Hulabird
AUG/SEP 2001
carib01a.gif

Any comfortable pair of sneakers (tennis shoes) that fit well, that is the key fitting well. Next time you go for shoes have your foot measured, it does change size as an adult. I also highly recommend Thorlo socks, they come in different varieties, running, walking etc and have extra thickness in the places where you need them most. When I am on my feet alot, whether it is walking the parks, power walking for excercise, or just "malling", they are great.

I recently purchased some Chaco sandals that I had been coveting for about a year. Decided I must have them for our trip this month. They are outdoor/rafting sandals similar to Tevas, but have a different design. They basically consist of a base and one continuous strap that allows you to adjust them to fit your feet perfectly. Mine are getting broken-in and they're the most comfortable sandal I've ever worn. There are a few designs, I have the Z2. You can order them online from www.chacosandals.com or just do a search--many outdoor/rafting gear stores carry them.

z2sambawalkabout.gif

I just got back, and after months of looking for the perfect sandals (I was trying to find comfortable backstrap sandals, and finally decided I could dare to try slides), I bought some Birks with the soft footbed. They were fabulous! I wore them all day everyday, and never once put on my socks or my Easy Spirit walking shoes. I have never had such good shoes. No rubbing or anything. I had tired feet, but they were not sore at all. The only time my feet were uncomfortable was after we got off the plane at home, as I had to put on my walkers, because my birks had gotten drenched the last night there.

Erika

I bought the Nike Straprunners about a week before we left for our trip. These were just wonderful. It was so nice not to have hot feet while walking around. I did have a problem with the sandels rubbing the sides of my feet. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions of moleskin. I found some at K-Mart and used it the first two days and it was wonderful and no blisters. I was finally able to go without the moleskin on the third and fourth days. The sandels finally formed to my feet by that time. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

We always wear like tennis-shoes that we've had for awhile, so that they are all broken in and stuff. And a pair of socks. We've never had a problem with blisters. I would make sure to wear shoes that you've done alot of walking in before.

I think the key is to not only take comfortable, well broken in shoes, but to switch daily or mid-day. I take a pair of sneakers, (wear them on the plane because they tend to be the most bulky), a pair of Tevas, and a pair of loafers. I try to switch off daily. Each pair has different contact points on the feet, so no one place gets rubbed all the time. Overall, unless the weather prevents it, I'll tend to wear my Tevas most often, but if they begin to irritate, I'll switch to one of the other pair for the next day.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

I found that it was good to switch between a few different pairs of shoes. During the day I usually wore my Nike ACG sandals and at night I usually worse my seakers and socks. I also had a pair of birkenstocks with me and an extra pair of sneakers. My feet never bothered me once in 8 days of touring.

No matter which shoes are most comfortable for you, the key is to take more than one pair. We usually take two pairs of good walking shoes and change each day. I sometimes even change from morning into evening. It keeps one pair of shoes from wearing on the same spots of your foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter