• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What shortages do you notice in the shops?

The spice section at my local store often has things out of stock. I’ve always been a scratch cook, so I buy them regularly. I actually ended up ordering from Penzey’s during a sale since I had a bunch run out at once.

I also need printer ink and it’s sold out at several places. (I will try not to rant about the lack of standard cartridges...)

Another soda family here. DH and I both drank caffeine free diet mountain dew regularly pre-pandemic. Initially no issues, but overtime we couldn't get it at all. Finally found some 2 weeks ago at a tiny Walmart 30 minutes away (although we had looked high and low up to 3-4 hours away) with a good expiration day. So strange! Still can't find it at our regular stores.

We want to buy a Toyota Sienna. There are exactly 2 available at our very large local dealership. Neither are the color/interior that we want.

Dry wall prices are through the roof. Disgusted, because we are in the middle of home renovations. Might as well be a shortage, because we are not paying those prices.

Absolutely no Diet Dr. Pepper in 24 pack cube.

Many local restaurants are closed/have limited hours because they can't find people to work.

We are currently experiencing a huge product shortage. I own an Alpine Style Center car stereo shop and radios, amplifiers and certain size speakers have been on back order since February. The problem is not just with Alpine. We also sell Kenwood, JVC, Rockford and Kicker. The shortage is effecting all brands. I'll be so glad when things return to or even get a little closer to normal.

Coffee creamers- pre covid had lots of different flavors in the stores. Now they have about 4 . I get tired of French vanilla and hazelnut.

I haven't noticed any shortages, but in Walmart and ShopRite (supermarket) there are restrictions on how many items you can buy. Cleaning products, mostly. Although bags of frozen veggies are rationed to four per order in my local ShopRite.

Cooking spray - like Pam
It’s so odd how the stores either don’t have it or barely have any left.

I haven't noticed any shortages, but in Walmart and ShopRite (supermarket) there are restrictions on how many items you can buy. Cleaning products, mostly. Although bags of frozen veggies are rationed to four per order in my local ShopRite.
We have restrictions at Walmart too, except it's not pandemic related. My local Walmart just plain old doesn't stock their shelves. I don't understand how the store stays open. I drive almost an hour to go grocery shopping in the smaller towns because our Walmart shelves have been bare for 5 years now and the only other grocery store is way too expensive. Some of the stuff I buy I have never seen the shelf stocked in 5 years, just an empty slot with the price tag. I have a difficult time believing they sell out of 2 slot spot of deodorant or they sell the entire case of bacon and sausage every day.

I read there's a pool chlorine shortage now.

Still no ammo even though they say they are producing at record pace.
Check online, everybody seems to be getting stuff in now.

Sodas: I used to drink diet orange CRUSH (Pepsi). They only bottled it in cans here in FL. Or at least where I am. I was advised that they get their aluminum from China and there is a shortage so the bottlers only fill the most in demand. This came from a Pepsi rep, but feel free to research yourself as I thought the answer made a lot of sense.

Last edited:
We don't drink soda regularly so I didn't notice that but I thought I heard there is an aluminum shortage (or was?) so maybe that is the trouble with the soda.

I haven't noticed a shortage of anything in particular but definite price inflation. I had to buy a 10ft pressure treated 4x4 last week and it cost 24 flipping dollars.

We don't drink soda regularly so I didn't notice that but I thought I heard there is an aluminum shortage (or was?) so maybe that is the trouble with the soda.

I haven't noticed a shortage of anything in particular but definite price inflation. I had to buy a 10ft pressure treated 4x4 last week and it cost 24 flipping dollars.

We need some work done of the house but we are going to postpone until next year based on prices for siding windows and such. I am a bit worried about chlorine for the pool but we use liquid so hopefully we will not have a problem.

I am a bit worried about chlorine for the pool but we use liquid so hopefully we will not have a problem.

My MIL has a pool and she was telling me a tub of some chemical (I'm clueless... not sure if it was for her pool or hot tub or both.... shock? Came in a powdered form) cost her $26 last year and this year the same exact tub was $47!!

The cans of soda are here (not all flavors though) but never go on sale anymore and are too expensive.
I've been buying the 6 packs of plastic bottles on sale.....but those are limited to the most popular ones. Luckily for us that is what we drink.....caffeine free diet coke is the hardest one to find of what we drink (DD). I am almost out of that.
This week the stores have the 2 liter bottles on sale.....I so wait for next week to see what I can get. DH drinks a lot of Coke Zero

We went to Macys this weekend and the shelves were almost empty. I have a feeling that the location isn't long for this world.

I'm trying hard to potty train my youngest but I am struggling to find pull-ups in his size. He doesn't do change well so switching brands isn't easy to do and neither is actually getting him completely trained. Maybe this will give him that final motivation/push to get it done

I haven't been able to get diet ginger ale in about 4 months now.

We also tried to buy some patio furniture (polywood) and were told that delivery times are almost a year now. There is a plastic shortage, apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter