What should I do for bridesmaid dresses?

tinkerlisa

DIS Veteran
I have finally found my dress! :yay:

Its perfect. Now I need to choose bridesmaid dresses. Its just the color I am having a hard time with.

I am having red roses for my bouquet and my 2 bridesmaids have a smaller version of mine. I was thinking about going with red for their dresses but feel that the flowers will "disappear" and I would like them to stand out. So my question is this:

What color will go with the red roses and won't clash?

I thought of dark blue which didn't look bad but I am not sure I want that only because then it will look like my(now divorced) soon to be SIL's wedding. She had navy dresses and red roses. Any help is much appreciated THANKS!!!

I have finally found my dress! :yay:

Its perfect. Now I need to choose bridesmaid dresses. Its just the color I am having a hard time with.

I am having red roses for my bouquet and my 2 bridesmaids have a smaller version of mine. I was thinking about going with red for their dresses but feel that the flowers will "disappear" and I would like them to stand out. So my question is this:

What color will go with the red roses and won't clash?

I thought of dark blue which didn't look bad but I am not sure I want that only because then it will look like my(now divorced) soon to be SIL's wedding. She had navy dresses and red roses. Any help is much appreciated THANKS!!!

I'm going to be using red roses for my bouquets, too :thumbsup2 Right now I'm looking at either light pink (pale not bubble gum) or black. I'm going to have my bridesmaids try on both to see which looks best with both of their their skin tones. (...which is tough because I have a pale, white girl and a very tan Mexican!) Was leaning toward black when I was planning an at-home wedding, but now that I'm planning SBP, I want something more light and airy.

Here's a few suggestions.. in one of my bridal magazines I saw a wedding that was red and turquoise it was really unique. Otherwise I would suggest purple, or sapphire blue, or magenta.

I was thinking about changing my colors but I really love the red and I made their bouquets already.

I think I may go with black and white dresses but think its too dark for SBP.

Maybe champagne? Black and red always go together, but I think you said you didn't want black.

Our colors were red, white and black. I told my girls they could pick dress they wanted from the Alfred Angelo line in claret. They picked three different dresses. My bouquet was red and white roses and I got red floral wands for them with white ribbon. Here is a photo.

2ef6fd66.jpg

At the reception we put my bouquet and their floral wands on our cake table.
90091.jpg

Close up of me and my girls with our flowers.
83df7610.jpg

Our bridal party with Mickey and Minnie. The guys wore black tuxes with claret vests to match the girls and my DH wore a white vest to match my dress.
602b2f4a.jpg

Our table cloths were white and used red napkins and red petals in our centerpieces with white floating candles.
MistyBefore-Formal-Bonus479.jpg

Sorry I included so many pictures but I think pictures really help you see the whole picture.

Linda

As you already have done the bouques, and you are thinking about black - what about white and black. Not sure how dresses you want your girls to be but Davids does something like this http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...tegory=-49998947|-49998946&catentryId=2001041. It has a black overlay over champagne. It looks light and airy.

I purchased this dress for our engagement photos (it is a bridesmaid dress) and I just loved it - see photo on side. It would look great with red flowers.
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...998976|-49998975|-49998974&catentryId=1000245

Let us know what you decide.

Linda

I bought this dress for my rehearsal! I love it!

Very funny - I really like that dress.

Here are a few pictures of me in the dress I purchsed for our engagement shoot. It is white and black and I think would look great with red roses.

MistyEngagementPhotos197.jpg

MistyEngagementPhotos005.jpg

MistyEngagementPhotos063.jpg

Linda

I was thinking about changing my colors but I really love the red and I made their bouquets already.

I think I may go with black and white dresses but think its too dark for SBP.

Oh! I didn't mean to get rid of the red, I was trying to add accent colors for you to do the girls dresses in. Black and white dresses could be really pretty too!

Red can go with lots of colors. Like everyone has said, Black, I also think a champagne color looks great. Purple and red are beautiful together, you can go with a medium color blue if you didn't want a navy blue. Pink and red look great. Brown also looks good with red.

I like the idea of champagne dresses too. I think [light enough for SBP but a good color with the red.

I like the black and white too...I always though white bridesmaid dresses were pretty, maybe with a black sash?

bridesmaid-2.jpg

412078961_6e08463f44_o.jpg

wedding3.jpg

wedding2.jpg

weddingcake.jpg

I love red roses! Red is one of my favorite colors, and we got married at Christmas-time, so it was fitting. My bouquet was white and red, as were the bridesmaids. They had smaller versions of mine with smaller roses. There dresses were red and black, and the flowers showed up great! We also put their bouquets on our head table at the reception and then had red rose petals on our cake.

I think that red will go great with most colors since it is a primary color. It would even look great up against a melon green, or even melon orange. Take your flowers with you to the bridal shop and have your bridesmaids try on dresses with them! I think if you want a light and airy feel for their dresses, don't worry about the color, just get a lighter fabric like chiffon.
Good luck!

I'm also having red flowers and the bridesmaids are in cornflower blue dresses and the groomsmen in grey suits. As weird as that sounds, it doesn't clash at all, and blue really does look good on almost every woman.

Very funny - I really like that dress.

Here are a few pictures of me in the dress I purchsed for our engagement shoot. It is white and black and I think would look great with red roses.

MistyEngagementPhotos197.jpg

MistyEngagementPhotos005.jpg

MistyEngagementPhotos063.jpg

Linda

I thought about this dress!!! I still like it but my sister saw it and David's Bridal has it advertised "as seen on high school musical 3" and she said HELL NO. She hates HSM. LOL.
Looking around some more I did find a dress. Its advertised as being orange(my fav color) but, its not. it starts out red, then fades into orange then fades back into red. its not a cheesy orange either. its more of a red orange.
my cousin convinced me to stick with red and so did some of you. i decided that it doesn't look like its too much red.
she likes the orange/red dress. i originally wanted to incorporate orange since its my fav color and looks like i can now!!!
Thanks for everyones help!:wizard:

i was thinking about having cocktail length dresses for my bridesmaid. my mom thinks that ...just dumb and would be weird......what do you think? There is nothing to say the bridesmaid dresses need to be long just because the bridal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter