• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Should I Do Next?

21disney

Earning My Ears
I wear a prosthesis on my leg that gets me eventually tired. I called Special Reservations to let them know if they can request me a room centrally located within the Polynesian Resort. I figure that being in a central location would minimize somewhat the amount of walking I have to do since the farthest building in the resort is about 8-11 minutes from the Transportation Ticket Center. I usually don't use a wheelchair unless I really need to and if I feel tired, I usually rest a couple of minutes. Well I called Special Reservations I told them my request and she answered "Well you're going to do a lot of walking anyways but I'll put it in your reservation." This kind of offended me in a way and it's making me wonder if I asked for too much. When I was in college my requests for accomodations were always fulfilled. I always got a dorm centrally located to campus so I could be close to everything, why was this lady making a big deal?

Should I just call back and make sure it is in my reseravtion or call/fax the resort and let them know what the situation is?

Thanks for reading this!!

This does not sound like one of the people who normally work in special reservations. It might be worth calling back and askking to speak to a supervisor and explain the problem. If the request was added to your reservation they will be able to tell who did the entry. If not, I hope you would be able to provide a name to the supervisor.

I agree with Cheshire Figment.
People without any special needs make requests to be close to things all the time, so your request should not be unusual even if you were not talking with someone in the Special Reservations area.
The only reson I can think of that remark being at all appropropriate was if the person had used it to ask if you needed any other special assistance, like a wheelchair or how to rent an ecv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter