What shows are difficult to exit early from?

DISnewjersey

Mouseketeer
We'll be at WDW soon with a few little ones. If we decide to take them to a show, we want to ensure we can leave if the kids start to have a meltdown. I believe most shows can be exited without any issue except saying "Excuse me" as we scoot across our row. There is only one show that I know we can't exit early from and that's Carousel of Progress. Another possible one is Festival of the Lion King where you could be seated by the backstage areas instead of the entrance/exits. What shows would cause a disruption if we had to exit early before the show is over?

Apologies if there's a thread for this already. I searched and couldn't find one.

I would make sure you are sitting on one end or the other at any show that is a walk thru.

This would be Muppets, Philharmonic, Frozen, Tough to be Bug, Pixar Shorts ...

We got trapped in the Frozen Singalong Show and it was a disaster.

Besides CoP, mainly you need to be weary of shows with Live Actors - particularly where the actors leave the stage. FotLK is by far the worst.

Nemo could be a concern - I have not seen the latest show; so I am not sure if the actors go into the isles anymore.

Tiki room can be difficult to exit (at least sit by the exit, but its generally annoying to open the doors during the show).

Besides CoP, mainly you need to be weary of shows with Live Actors - particularly where the actors leave the stage. FotLK is by far the worst.

Nemo could be a concern - I have not seen the latest show; so I am not sure if the actors go into the isles anymore.

Tiki room can be difficult to exit (at least sit by the exit, but its generally annoying to open the doors during the show).

The actors do come in the aisles a few times during the show

Carousel of Progress CAN be exited early. Was on the ride last year when a family had a screaming child who wouldn't quit. Eventually the parent took the child through one of the back exits while the attraction was still taking place.

Carousel of Progress CAN be exited early. Was on the ride last year when a family had a screaming child who wouldn't quit. Eventually the parent took the child through one of the back exits while the attraction was still taking place.
Did the it stop? I had to take our daughter out when she was 10 or so (bathroom emergency) and the entire ride shut down. 2 CMs met us after we took 3 steps out the door to ask the problem.

Did the it stop? I had to take our daughter out when she was 10 or so (bathroom emergency) and the entire ride shut down. 2 CMs met us after we took 3 steps out the door to ask the problem.
It might have now that you say that. I couldnt' recall exactly. I just remember that our group was glad they were able to leave as the child basically ruined the attraction for everyone up until that point.

It is not safe to exit. We were “walked out “ by castmembers when the attraction kept restarting itself .
Pure torture especially since we were the last theatre the cast members could get to… You immediately exit onto an old concrete narrow sidewalk with grey concrete wall and just a short walk to daylight. And the Exit Opening

FOTLK, Nemo, COP are all hard to exit.

Alot of the other theaters, you just want to aim to be towards the end of the row on the exit side of things.

For live shows, the bird show at AK is okay except when they are demoing a bird across theater, Beauty and the Beast, and Indy you can escape from, just try to be towards the end of a row.

I gotta admit, after a disastrous attempt to watch Frozen with our then-2 year old, we didn't do another show until last weekend when we tried Philharmagic for the first time. That's another show that would be absolutely awful to try and get out of unless you're on the end. He is 3.5 now and thankfully, did wonderfully so we're going to attempt Nemo or Lion King again soon (we did Lion King at age 2 and it was awful. He wanted to leave, but we were trapped).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter