Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Left

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Center

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Laying in bed, I'm on the right. I like the side closer to the door since when the kids were little I was usually the one to get up. In our old house, that was on the left side, but in this house it's on the right so I made my husband switch when we moved here (20 years ago), so I'm on the right side now. The kids are grown now, so that's not an issue... but now it's tradition.

I used to want to switch in hotels too (I don't know why I like to be closer to the door there), but my husband nixed that. So I'm on the right in hotels regardless of door placement.

Just me, and directly in the center. I actually need to replace my mattress soon, because it's several years old and there's a me-shaped depression in the middle. I keep trying to make it last by sleeping on the left or right of the depression, but I always roll over and wake up back in it.
I've been trying that too but it doesn't work out very well. I do wonder if I regularly shared a bed if there would be two people size depressions on either side of the center.

I'm picky about it and always have to sleep on the same side, which causes no end of argument when we travel. DH is a lefty and I'm not, so when we got together I took one for the team and shifted to sleeping on the right side of the bed (when in it, that is, which isn't natural to me, because I'd normally reach across to the alarm clock, but he insisted he needed to reach directly with his dominant hand.)

When we travel, DH always wants a nightstand for the alarm, because I'll sleep through it. Trouble is, I'm now used to my normal side, and if I switch I cannot sleep. DH loves to tease me about how this is a silly compulsion, but AFAIC, this is NOT a laughing matter. I've been known to shift furniture to put some kind of alarm stand on the left side of the bed if one is not already there.

I voted 'other'. I'm constantly changing the side of the bed I choose. If we're in a hotel it's usually the side farthest away from the bathroom as I'm not the one using it all night long. At home I'm closest to the bathroom only because I can't stand the red numbers on the cable box. LOL

I voted 'other'. I'm constantly changing the side of the bed I choose. If we're in a hotel it's usually the side farthest away from the bathroom as I'm not the one using it all night long. At home I'm closest to the bathroom only because I can't stand the red numbers on the cable box. LOL
I've got your solution to the light pollution. Foil-back stickers that block the light. (I have them because I cannot sleep with blue light on the room.) I use these all over the house; gets rid of all those annoying little lights on electronics.
https://www.amazon.com/Birllaid-Blo...fix=light+blocking+stickers,garden,166&sr=1-6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter