What side to go with chicken salad sandwiches?

I always make a frozen strawberry salad/desert.
Frozen strawberries with, cool whip, crushed pineapple, cream cheese and crushed pecans. Mix together and freeze

I like spinach salad (with straberries or rasberries) as a side for chicken salad (plus chips, which you said you'll have).

For the mayo haters posting--I also hate mayo and make my chicken salad with plain yogurt.

Summer pasta salad, with lots of veggies, tri colored pasta, and like a zesty Italian dressing.

Corn and Black bean salad - with red onions, celery, grape or cherry tomatoes, with a lime or citrus dressing.

Red potato salad with a Dijon dressing - green onions, celery, some boiled eggs.

Marinated veggie salad -make this the day before so that everything has time to marry together. lots and lots of combos for this dish.

I'd make old-fashioned cucumber salad:

Very thinly sliced cucumbers (peeled), tomatoes, and some onion marinated in vinegar and sugar.

cucumber salad
(cucumber, tomato, onion, vinegear/sugar/water dressing)

I just made cucumber salad last night (cucumbers, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, dill - it's dd13's favorite). So easy and delicious, and holds up well.

I always make a frozen strawberry salad/desert.
Frozen strawberries with, cool whip, crushed pineapple, cream cheese and crushed pecans. Mix together and freeze

Ooh, I had forgotten about this!! I haven't had frozen strawberry salad in years, & it's one of DH's favorites!

It's so refreshing & would be great w/ chicken salad sandwiches!

It's also very pretty!

cucumber salad
(cucumber, tomato, onion, vinegear/sugar/water dressing)

Another good side dish!

We also make a vinegar slaw which is very similar to this - shredded cabbage slaw mix, green bell pepper thinly sliced, celery seed, & the vinegar/sugar/water dressing.

also - will it be outside or inside- you might need to consider brining a larger container to put ice in to put yoru chicken salad in so that noone gets sick

I have no problem eating a mayo-based side when I have chicken or tuna salad sandwiches. So I'd be fine with macaroni salad or coleslaw. But I also love the idea of a cucumber salad or a pasta salad w/Italian dressing or a slaw without mayo. Fruit salad sounds good too. Pickles work for me too. About the only thing I wouldn't eat that's listed here is olives. I hate olives.

And now I want a chicken salad sandwich on a roll.

I had chicken salad today for lunch. I love the chips and I always add some to my sandwich to crunchify it, as Bobby Flay would say.

If your salad is runny, make sure to have little dishes to serve them in so the sandwiches stay dry. I think any kind of salad you enjoy would be fine.

I had chicken salad today for lunch. I love the chips and I always add some to my sandwich to crunchify it, as Bobby Flay would say.

If your salad is runny, make sure to have little dishes to serve them in so the sandwiches stay dry. I think any kind of salad you enjoy would be fine.

I love putting potato chips on my sandwiches.

I would do either chips & pickles or a cucumber, havarti, & dill salad (oil & vinegar base).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter