What size beef tenderloin would you recommend for 6 people?

luvwinnie

<font color=green>And how are YOU feeling?<br><fon
I wouldn't mind some leftovers for sandwiches the next day either. Thanks!

Thanks. Odd, I had read 5 lbs for 8-10....hmmmmmm. Thanks.

I'm going to be using Paula Deen's recipe with a bourbon marinade.

I had one that was almost 3lbs and it feed 7 adults and 2 kids. I was really worried there wouldn't be enough meat, but there was. Now I think if we had more we would of ate more. ;) It was supost to be for 4 people when I started the dinner, but more just kept coming.

Still I think 3 to 4 pounds should be ok if you have lots of other food with it.

Thanks. ANtipasto to start then asparagus and fingerling potatoes with the meat.

Stupid question of the day:

I usually make a prime rib roast for Christmas, I've never tried beef tenderloin. I understand part of the tenderloin is used for filet mignon, but how does a tenderloin to prime rib, tastewise?

I've been intrigued by these recipes where you start it in a 500 deg. oven, shut it off, and let it finish in an unopened oven for several hours.

Tenderloin should be quite rare - if you don't like it rare cook something else! My favourite, easy and economical way with beef is to buy silverside, brown in on all sides in a little butter and oil, wipe the pan, return the meat plus some herbs (bay leaf and thyme) and a bottle of red wine, cover tightly and cook in a very low oven for 3 1/2 hours. Lovely with mashed potato and red cabbage!

If I'm cooking rib or other roasting joint I allow about 25ogm uncooked weight per person.

BTW my home computer has died (awaiting new hard drive) so I can only log on from work :blush: but I'll try to keep up!

luvwinnie said:
Thanks. Odd, I had read 5 lbs for 8-10....hmmmmmm. Thanks.

Uh oh, I hope it's enough. I ordered one today from a butcher, but I did tell them how many people so maybe they'll adjust. :confused3

Just wanted to say my tenderloin came out perfect! I was so nervous...I mean after spending that much on a piece of meat you DO NOT want to screw it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter