What sort of house would you be living in now if you had followed your childhood dreams?

I always wanted to live in a really cool, converted place. Like an old store or church or whatever wasn't originally intended to be a home.

A house with plush carpet🤣 I lived in a house over a hundred years old that had wood floors. My room was the only room with carpet and it was ancient and hard carpet.

I never really thought about it but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been a 170+ year old money pit that we’ve been living in and renovating for 40 years.

the kind that you saw on old reruns of shows from the 50's-2 story, a fireplace, a library (usually referred to as 'dad's study'), and a den or family room. we've got a fireplace, a spare room that serves as an office/library and 2 living room areas so i guess i achieved it. after living in a 2 story rental for 10 months at one point in time i decided that while it looked nice from the exterior it was awful functionally.

I always wanted a late Victorian home on a corner plot and a one story log cabin in the woods.
Instead I wound up with a mid 20th century apartment and a contemporary one story on an island. The current choices were to ensure the furniture of one space could move with ease to the other.
Life takes you to different places than you might have thought.

I think I am in it. A typical New England Colonial.

But now I dream of having a beach cottage. Not a huge beach house, just a simple one floor cottage with maybe two bedrooms and a big deck.

I don't recall ever thinking about a house when I was growing up. I grew up in a 3 bedroom 2 bath custom home. I bought a 3 bedroom 2 bath tract home that is now a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath tract house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter