• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What souvenir should I buy ahead of time?

I often go through the local dollar store and often come across nice disney "finds." I bought a couple backpack hanging ornaments/figurines which light-up to keep me from wanting to buy knicknacks that would cost 3-5 times more @ DisneyWorld. I plan on keeping them in original packaging in my bag and pulling them out for me and my DH (surprise for him) when we get to the park (got minnie for me, and mickey for him). Also bought a pack of glow-stick necklaces. I often "want" these kinds of things when I see others with them, but the thrill wears off VERY quickly... so I'd rather spend $0.25 or $2 on something to keep me from impulse-buying an item I don't 'really' want @ $10 [which will just be tossed aside and put into a garage sale or donated to charity in a few months].

Our dollarstore in Canada also has disney nightlights, figurines and other items . . . always worth a look in case you want to bring a little more disney back to your hotel room and home with you afterwards. I plan on saving money to buy EXTRA special items when in the park, like a banshee in Animal Kingdom or something cool and unique.

I will probably buy a christmas ornament somewhere during the trip . . . got a new christmas tree, and a Disney ornament would be an awesome memory of this upcoming trip.

I would download the eBay app before you go. If you see something in store, check and see if you can find it on eBay cheaper. If not, buy it there. Usually I find that eBay items are more expensive( it's better for getting something that's discontinued than for getting something cheaper) , but sometimes we have gotten lucky!

ETA: whoops! Zombie thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter