What Souvenirs did you buy on your last trip to Disney World?

MrandMrsJoeFriday

HEYYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYSSS
I'm sure most DISers can agree with me, that picking up that awesome Souvenir while on a trip to Disney World is something we all look forward to doing before we head home! When I was a kid there were things all over the parks that you only found while in the parks, while these days there is far more "homogenized crap" than ever. However, if you take the time to look, there are still treasures to be found. Some of my favorites things have been Coffee Mugs, which I use on a daily basis, and each time I reach into the cabinet I think of my trip.

SO, with all the cool things to buy, what did you pick up on your last trip to Disney world? On my last trip I bought a blue "MU" Monsters University hat for myself at Hollywood Studios.

I was traveling with my two girls this last trip. We always add a few charms to our disney charm bracelets and we always buy some jewelry like earrings or bracelets. We also bought some ornaments for the tree and a few pins for our pin book. I try to buy stuff that will last through out the year. Not exactly a souvenir but I try to get photopass and take my own pics and do a photobook or a scrap book for each trip. As a splurge we also bought Mouse Ears! Ohhh and I forgot....we always get whatever special is going on...sometimes a blanket, etc. This time is was a nice back pack with colorful mickey's on it...awesome.
Oh and then there were odds and ends for friends and family...magnets, ornaments, pins, etc. to bring back to give out. So there you go...love to shop disney!!!

I think my favorite thing to buy as a souvenir is going into Japan and picking a pearl and buying a setting. It is a great reminder of my trip and each time it is unique. If a shirt catches my eye, then I will pick it up, but I already have too many t-shirts, so I am very selective on buying t-shirts.

I also like getting jewelry because it is something I can wear daily and still remind me of my trips.

I was getting the different straps used to hold the 20oz sodas. They had different ones for each park before. I love using them when I go out on a walk to hold my water
Bernie

One of my favorite souvenirs is a plushie. Last time I got one of Mickey dressed in Pluto pajamas and slippers:

21E%2BLJNGDjL.jpg

Sayhello

We always have dinner once at Liberty Tree Tavern and leave with a glass mug. The shop across from the restaurant will send it back to your room. Usually the day we leave from our week long vacation, we stop at Arribas Bros and have the year engraved vertically. We have 2008, 2009, 2011 and soon, 2014.

I'm a 28 year old male so I'm a little picky when it comes to my souvenirs. Plush dolls are out, pins are not my thing, I wouldn't wear a Disney tie to work, etc. My wife will typically make a mission of finding something I actually like. Last year she found a really nice watch that I still love, it's black on black with red dial hands. If you look up close you can tell it's Disney but doesn't scream Disney from 50ft away.

On our last trip I purchased a sketch of Belle (my favorite princess!) from the art store on Main Street. I had the CM personalize it with the date and which park we were at. Little did I know that getting the date (March 12, 2013) was a fantastic idea because later that day my boyfriend proposed in front of the castle! So my souvenir that I meant to be just a reminder of a day at the Magic Kingdom turned our to be one that also celebrates our engagement -plus we can never forget the date because the drawing is hanging on the wall!

I am definitely picking another sketch up this December when we go for our honeymoon!

This post brought memories that I forgot:confused3 The first trip 36 y/ago I bought a mm watch. I still have it and it works great! I wore it every day I worked as an RN, and the kids, and adults, loved my Mickey watch:) can't remember what I spent,but was probably around $20 back then. It is a really nice watch, worth more than $20 now. I forgot my watch 2 years ago, and bought a cheap $20 one with fake rhinestones on it and a stiff band. What a difference in quality! I try to buy a crystal item in the magic kingdom at the crystal shop. I have a nice winged Pegasus on a golden stand. It is decorated with gold on the mane and tail. It is really treasured. I also bought belle's rose in the case from Beauty and the Beast. Love it. When we go this November, will be on the lookout once again for a special crystal item to treasure::yes:: thanks for the memories:thumbsup2

I bought a mickey pepper mill and two sets of Mickey flatware, and 4 placemats.

Now if only I could find the vintage mickey shower curtain from 2 years ago!!!

I'm sure most DISers can agree with me, that picking up that awesome Souvenir while on a trip to Disney World is something we all look forward to doing before we head home! When I was a kid there were things all over the parks that you only found while in the parks, while these days there is far more "homogenized crap" than ever. However, if you take the time to look, there are still treasures to be found. Some of my favorites things have been Coffee Mugs, which I use on a daily basis, and each time I reach into the cabinet I think of my trip.

SO, with all the cool things to buy, what did you pick up on your last trip to Disney world? On my last trip I bought a blue "MU" Monsters University hat for myself at Hollywood Studios.

I also bought a coffee mug! It had the seagulls from Nemo screaming "MINE!" all over it (typically how I feel in the morning... annoyed and possessive haha). Not exactly "cool" but I like collecting coffee mugs to remind me of where I have visited.

On our last trip I purchased a sketch of Belle (my favorite princess!) from the art store on Main Street. I had the CM personalize it with the date and which park we were at. Little did I know that getting the date (March 12, 2013) was a fantastic idea because later that day my boyfriend proposed in front of the castle! So my souvenir that I meant to be just a reminder of a day at the Magic Kingdom turned our to be one that also celebrates our engagement -plus we can never forget the date because the drawing is hanging on the wall!

I am definitely picking another sketch up this December when we go for our honeymoon!

I love that story! What a unique way to capture the magic. I have a lot of bare walls in the new house, so I think I might start picking up one of those simple character sketches on each trip and making a collage of some sort. LOVED Kevin John the other week when he talked about collecting Disney art. Can't afford the pricier stuff, but I always catch myself looking through those sketches when at the parks

I bought that ceramic cup with the straw that looks like an old WDW paper cup...I also bough a pen shaped like the monorail. Cannot wait to check out the stuff in the co-op.

my last trip I bought a coffee mug. my husband bought a baseball hat for his collection and my son collects plushes of the fab five. Can't wait to go to the co-op. I have a feeling I will spend a lot of$$$there

In June I bought a Dole Whip air freshener, a set of three small Mickey shaped earrings, a vintage looking Epcot 82 T-shirt, a Dole Whip T-shirt, and a T-shirt of Darth Vader riding the carrousel.

Now that we live so close to WDW we don't really buy souvenirs. However, we do regularly check out the shops for merchandise. Usually its a t-shirt that catches our fantasy. Sometimes its a Disney figurine to add to our decor.

Last trip I bought a variety pack of the Mickey brand coffee while in Downtown Disney.

It wasn't the only thing we bought but it sure has been my favorite! Loved all the coffee flavors in the pack!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter