What souvenirs do you like to purchase?

I used to buy t-shirts, but now I have so many that I don't wear them as much. So, I'll only buy one if I find one that I really love. I always buy a mug though.

We also usually come home with goodies: rice krispie treats and Minnie's Bake Shop cookies.

We always get a few pins and candy from Japan. Otherwise nothing in particular each time.

I bought a rather nice pen last trip- as in $15- I use it all the time and it brings back happy memories. Kids get the cheaper pencils/pens and we usually get an ornament and magnet.

For our DD's 10th birthday, we did a pearl from Japan and had it set in a necklace setting. My DD loves the pins, pressed pennies, and she always gets a stuffed animal and Mickey the Mouse ( what she has always called him) ears. I take photos! Lots and lots of photos! I always try to get something unexpected in a photo to frame, like our feet with the castle behind it. Or Mickey the Mouse ears with the castle behind them. This year I want our feet on Main Street! We also like to decorated our magic bands and then display them in a shadow box. And always a Christmas ornament!! Pretty random stuff, but those are the things we love to bring home with us!

I'm a stuffed animal person so I usually get one each trip. Besides that, I only get things for my friends or boyfriend. I buy clothing from the "Disney gift shops" outside of Disney because it's super cheap and still has licensed Disney stuff. :cool2:

Shot glasses and wooden wind chimes. In AK they sell wooden wind chimes with carved birds on top. So far we have 2 different ones, we're looking forward to going this Nov. and we hope they have a new one for us.

Bill From PA

Our favorites are mugs and ornaments. There are so many cool mugs we want but, with what we already have, any more and we would need to add cabinets to our kitchen. We also like the picture frames so we have a place for photos from that trip. Also, I have gotten a few pens for my desk at work that are fun to use.

I like to get a different set of ears each time I go. I have the classic ears, golden ears (40th anniversary?), graduation cap ears, Christmas ears, and the ears with the Mickey tail on top. I also get a few pins and maybe a shirt, but just experiencing the park and taking pictures are the best souvineers for me!

Have to get an ornament for the Christmas tree. This last trip it was Buzz Lightyear because we did Astro Blasters for our first time.

I like baseball hats, I wear them to work most everyday. (I help build submarines, I park about a mile from the worksite. Keeps sun off of my face.) I want to start a Disney kitchen.

Photos, of course. Somehow, without meaning to, I started collecting Disney Parks versions of board games.

T-shirts, beach towels, pins (DH collects pirates, DD collects Duffy & Figment, I collect the resorts we've stayed at & meals-Hoop De Doo, Chef Mickey).

I always get magnets. Husband always get t-shirts. I love kitchen stuff, like i have a spoon rest from the 2009 food and wine festival i use every day, also cereal bowls, oven mitts, salt and pepper shakers. my kids get sunglasses, daughter loves disney jewelry and hair accessories.
I have a throw blanket from one year also, and a backpack from last year's trip.

New Mickey plush for me, frig magnet and outfit from Tren-D for DW, Mitsusoki shopping spree for the boys...that's pretty standard.

We get a year dated picture ornament. We keep them up all year.
Also do pressed pennies. Love looking back at them especially my MGM penny.

Used to get a mug (love them and really use them) but have way too many now, so seldom buy anything anymore. Plus, don't like very many that they have come out with the last 5-10 years.

Same here...love coffee mugs. But, like you, I've amassed quite a collection, and although I use them daily, I've gotten pickier and pickier about what I'll buy. I thought that since we've started tying a couple of Universal days in with our trips now, that I'd find some interesting mugs there....but I find their merchandise selection, mugs specifically, to be fairly dull...especially given all the things they COULD do with the Harry Potter stuff.

I will get myself and my daughter a pick a pearl necklace

We will also pick up a Christmas ornament.

I will also let my DD8 pick out a pokemon thing in the Japan Pavillion and I have feeling we will let all three kids some something at windtraders in Pandora.

We never really buy much. I always buy a stuffed animal for myself (tradition) and maybe one of us gets a t-shirt.

Last time we got a nice Haunted Mansion print that we have framed hanging in our hallway and I got a great Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. He's grey/black/white, I love it!

This time I want to buy a Pandora charm (or two), get a Starbucks you are here mug from each park, a (small) stuffed animal and maybe something for our children (two cats :p). No clothing.

What do you like to buy?

Oh, and a Zero refillable popcorn bucket! (Nightmare Before Christmas)
I'm a sucker for mugs and t-shirts.

Pins and souvenir sippers! I usually get at least 1 pin every time I visit Disneyland, and that has been a lot lately! Whenever I see a cool sipper I get it. Right now I have: Pirates 50th anniversary, Groot, BB-8, Chewbacca, Disneyland 60th stein, Mickey elf head, Cars land orange cone, Cars land oil can, Moana bamboo cup, and poison apple (glow in the dark). I would be sooo happy if I could add the Glowing Rose tumblr to that collection!

Shot glasses and wooden wind chimes. In AK they sell wooden wind chimes with carved birds on top. So far we have 2 different ones, we're looking forward to going this Nov. and we hope they have a new one for us.

Bill From PA

Now there's an idea! Chimes - I love them. My mom collected them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter