What souviner must you bring home - or get for the first time?

I'm very excited to go to Japan in Epcot and have my boys pick out an oyster and watch the CM open it to find the pearl. I'm going to pick out a necklace there to have them put it in. It will be special b/c it came Disney, my boys got to pick out the oyster, and my hubby gets to pay for it.

I'm also going to look for the artists in world showcase that either create caricatures or silhouettes of my boys. I think that will be fun to have every year. I think they do this at MK too- anyone know?

do they have any sort of things you can bring home for your pets? Where?

They used to have a small selection of pet items but I haven't seen any for a while. I think they discontinued them.

Several years I got the cutest little "princess hat" for my cat. It was a blue cone-shaped princess hat that had a strap under the chin, and a little veil trailing behind. Of course, cats being cats, I was lucky to get a picture - the was out of that hat in a few seconds! But the blue matched her pretty Siamese eyes!

We always get an ornament and photo album (yes I print my pics). My dds always get a Disney stuffy (yes even my teens).

After years of searching for "Marie" (the cat) t-shirt in an adult size, I happened upon the design-your-own t-shirt shop at DTD last month. I was able to pick my style, color, etc. I was so happy!

I always get a magnet or two, and an ornament (preferably with the year on it). I also collect pins, but I never trade them. Guess I'm weird like that? Lol

We save our ears from previous trips as well.

This time around, I'm hoping they still have the hoodie with the Finding Nemo seagulls on it. I never did make it back to the store at DLR when we were there a few years ago. As soon as I lay hands on that thing, it'll be on its way back to our room ASAP! :)

We went for the first time last year and both kids (and myself) picked out an ordainment. It was great to pull them out at Christmas and put them on the tree. My husband also got a mug from the resort. So it gets used everyday and reminds us of the fun we had.

We are hoping to go back again next year and will probably get ordainment again :cheer2:

My son also decided he wanted to get Pins on the last day of our trip :scratchin
So he says he wants more to add to his collection next time. He does not want to trade away what he has LOL

Hi there,

I really hate to be pedantic but the word you are looking for is Ornament..not ordainment. :thumbsup2

And in the title its Souvenir not Souviner.....

Those of us in education really can't help ourselves.....sorry.

Thanks.....

I always get an ornament for may parents, and have the CMs at the Christmas store add the date!

The new housewares merch coming to the Co-Op looks AMAZING, and I'm a little sad that it's not going to be available when we visit in May. I'm in love with retro Disney, and so much of their new stuff is exactly what I'm looking for.

I really liked the magnets I got last year. They are recreations of the old attraction posters. (they were also pretty cheap!)

I also get an ornament and usually a magnet for the fridge.

I love pin trading, but in addition to any new ones I get through trades, I like to buy 2 or 3 pins that remind me of something from the trip. This time I'll make sure to get Easter and a Flower & Garden festival pins. Last time I bought a pin of the wardrobe from Beauty & the Beast, because we loved Enchanted Tales so much.

Usually, I buy a few new pieces for my potato head collection if we get to Once Upon a Toy :)

I think maybe I buy too much!

Cliché but a frame or ornament comes back pretty much every single trip. Even dating back to when I was a kid going.

Another ornament fan here too. They always bring back memories when we put the tree up.

This next trip I want something from Pick A Pearl.

We usually get an ornament. I love pulling them out each year at Christmastime. I don't get it on every trip, but occasionally I like to get kitchen towels, measuring cups, etc. It's nice to have a little touch of Mickey while I'm cooking and something you can see/use daily.

I MUST get an ornament, every time. We have been there a lot now, so I am thinking of just having a Disney tree next year. :)

I also have just become a pin fan; I kept saying my ornaments were enough. Until I needed a lanyard for my work ID, and it just made sense at that point. lol

Ditto on an ornament for our family souvenir. My older DDs do the Pins, DS chooses a toy that May or may not last ;-), and smallest DS Disney stuffy. My DH get a shirt or Jersey shirt. I usually get something fun for the kitchen-Mickey cutter, wine stopper, **** glasses, cookie jar, apron, etc but DH surprised me last year with Duffy so now I will get an outfit next time. Yay!!

My favorite souvenirs are the tiny glass slippers with my dd's birthstones and names engraved on the sides (glass shop on main street). The silhouettes I've had done of them over the years both separately and together that we got done on main street. The family pictures from Chef Mickey's. I do also collect a shot glass each trip (from everywhere I go, not just Disney) and a Christmas ornament with the year on it.

but the BEST ever was last trip when we went to pick a pearl at Epcot. I let my dd (5) pick out oysters for herself and her sister who was 10 months old at the time and I chose my own oyster. We ended up getting 3 different color pearls, mine is golden, dd 5 has a white one, and dd infant got a silver/grey one. I had them set in matching settings so we now have identical necklaces except for the color of the pearls. LOVE those!

I always get a magnet (we get one for every place we visit), a pin or two with a favorite ride from that year and one with the year on it and of course Mickey ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter