What spots are you OVER??

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Everytime we go to WDW we like to try new places...but there's always the ones that we do over and over. 2 of them are The Wave and Trattoria Al Forno. After the last trip, I think I'm over both of them! The service was less than....the portion sizes were less than....and the overall experiences were just less than......that we thought....OK we're over these places for now. What are some places that you always go/went to....that you're over??

We've been on a real 'Ohana kick. We went during Easter, again for Halloween and we'll be going for Christmas.

We went to Disney a lot this past year. We usually go once a year for Christmas, but we became AP holders and decided to take advantage. I'm sure we'll be "over" it after this trip. The only reason we're doing it again is because the family who is joining us has never been.

We usually have a "no more than 2 consecutive year" rule. We'll do a restaurant once, then go again next year if we liked it, but then we skip it the third year to keep things "fresh". We did Narcoossee's two straight years, then skipped a year, and couldn't wait to go back. We did Boma two straight years, skipped last year, and I'm salivating at the thought of that buffet. It keeps things fresh.

Disney is constantly adding new restaurants and spots. We still haven't tried Homecomin', Boathouse or any of the DS spots, for that matter.

We've always been fans of Coral Reef and have gone each trip and by the 2nd trip it became our must do on our 1st day. This time, we had several more people with us plus little ones and service was lacking, food was average and so my daughter, who is the one that always insisted on it, said, "I think we should skip it next time." She went without me in the summer and I'll go without her at Easter but neither of us planned Coral Reef again.

We like the Wave, Biergarten and Boma a LOT...so much so that we have done them so much that we may be a little too familiar, ya know? Want to branch out and try new things. Not becuase they aren't great or we don't love them anymore.

I sort of have the opposite problem. We go every 3 years (takes that long to save) for 10 days. That means 10 dinners and usually 3 breakfasts. I get to decide one meal, the girls the others. I try to add 2 to 3 new restaurants every trip but the keep adding more and more to the "we have to list". In 4 trips they have only dropped Tony's and Hollywood & Vine and put Le Cellier on probation.

I'm over Artist Point; hasn't been consistent in terms of food or service. Also Hollywood & Vine; two strikes and I don't wish to risk a third.

Coral Reef....the last two times there our food was not great and service was terrible as well.

Le Cellier is way overpriced too. Used to me one of my must get ADR's. Not anymore.

Last edited:
I sort of have the opposite problem. We go every 3 years (takes that long to save) for 10 days. That means 10 dinners and usually 3 breakfasts. I get to decide one meal, the girls the others. I try to add 2 to 3 new restaurants every trip but the keep adding more and more to the "we have to list". In 4 trips they have only dropped Tony's and Hollywood & Vine and put Le Cellier on probation.

We also have put LeCellier on our depends list. My husband and I went in October 2016 and then decided the prices were getting too high. On our trip with my sister and her kids in July I told them to go without me that I would be fine walking around the park snacking.

Hollywood Brown Derby - used to be a favorite and then they did away with the chicken alfredo. I made due with the chicken with macaroni & cheese, but now they've managed to screw that up as well. There is nothing at all appealing on the menu, and I can get the same wine & cocktails outside at the lounge.

Kona Cafe - The sushi is terrible. I can't continue to make excuses for it ("Oh, they just want to cater to everyone!") because grocery store sushi is better. Plus, getting to Poly has become a real beating and it's easier to go to Morimoto or Kimono's for higher quality stuff in a more luxe environment.

Be Our Guest - I'm definitely out on lunch (is the bread always from the day before?), but after my upcoming ADR to try the lobster bisque, I'm probably out on dinner as well. I'm just going through a phase where I don't like spending time at MK and the draw of BoG isn't enough to get me through the gates at Strollerville right now.

La Cava del Tequila - DESPITE WHAT THE MENU ONLINE SAYS ... they took away my favorite margarita (San Angel Inn) and replaced it with a lesser quality, more expensive margarita. I learned to live with that ... AND THEN THEY TOOK THAT MARGARITA AWAY TOO! NO, I DON'T WANT A SKINNY MARGARITA! I WANT A REAL MARGARITA. I live in Texas and I KNOW margaritas ... and these margaritas aren't just up to the level they need to be at any longer. Sad.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Thankfully, now all of my first-timers have had the dine-in experience so I don't have to work that in. I wish they'd redo the menu slightly - especially the salads. The turkey croissant is pretty good though.

Liberty Tree Tavern - really ever since they dropped the potato-quinoa burger, but especially since the latest menu changes.

Le Cellier - has just gotten too darn expensive.

Have to agree with Be Our Guest sadly because I love the way it looks. We've only done breakfast but the prices are too high for a non-character meal and last time we went they were actually kind of rude and we waited a long time for our food. We did Garden Grill breakfast for the first time that same week and would gladly go back there instead because we had a great time.

We've given Mama Melrose 4 tries and each and every time it has very much underwhelmed (I would say it's been less pleasant each time we've gone) ... we won't do that again --ever . Bad service, really bad food each time --- it's not a good mix for us...

Via Napoli has been a mixed bag for us.... we've had times where the meal has been perfect and other times it's been under-cooked and under flavoured. We have an ADR booked for this trip and are really hoping for the best.. Hopefully it will be one of those times when we love the place.... I really so want to enjoy it as when it's been good for us it's been our fave --- but when it's not it's be well really lousy.

While we love the characters at Chef Mickeys --- the food/cleanliness has been really sketchy in our past 4 or 5 visits. Fortunately our DS has reached the age where he wasn't disappointed that we won't do this again. In the past we booked many character meals but due to poor food quality (our last time at Crystal palace --- the characters and service were awesome --- the food inedible) we won't be spending extra for bad meals with character time.

For our March trip this year we're staying club level and figure breakfasts will be at the Club lounge... We have some special events booked for a number of days but I think we have, at most, 4 other meal ADRs booked (2 signature/2regular) for places we have regularly enjoyed in the past --- over our 10 nights there --- which isn't how we've ever planned before. Sort of disappointing but we figure we may do some meals offsite this time as well and see how that goes.. I guess we'll save money as we won't be spending on meals on site.

For some of the stuff we were thinking of booking it's not even available yet --- despite the fact that the 180 day mark has long since passed. I think if we don't see the full March schedule in the next week or two --- we'll just book offsite for those nights we've kept open.

BOG- ate there twice-breakfast and lunch. Tempted to do it for the decor, but the food is sub par.

I have not been lucky enough to travel to Disney a bunch of times like some do. So each time we go, I make an effort to try mostly new places.

I only ate there once, but Flying Fish was HORRIBLE. I actually had to send my meal back, which I never ever do. It came out just as bad as before and our waitress had an unpleasant attitude as soon as we were seated.

Rose and Crown, the foods always been good when we've been but with the price increases we can't justify paying it for food we can get at home in the UK...and my mum makes the best sticky toffee pudding which the rose and Crown won't beat :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter