What surprise can I get my nephew?

goofybabe2001

I love Goofy!!!!!!!
We have a trip planned for July 12-19 and DH and DD are going plus me and we are also taking my nephew who is 16. He went to Disney World when he was 4 but does not remember. We are very excited about taking him but want to do something special for him. We have already upgraded from Port Orleans to Wilderness Lodge. The hotels on Disney property is going to surprise to him anyway because the biggest hotel he has been in is Holiday Inn. Of course my daughter said she was going to show him everything at all the parks but is there something we all can do to make this a REALLY special trip? Going to Disney is Magical anyway, but I want to do something special. Anyone have any suggestions?????????????? :bounce: :bounce: :p :smooth: :smooth: :p :crazy: :crazy: :tongue: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I'm not sure of his interests but what about parasailing from the Contemporary or an afternoon at Disney Quest pre-paid or renting water mice from one of the resorts? I'm neither 16 or male but I know those are all things my DH (who acts about 16 some days! LOL) would love.

We just got back 24hours ago from WDW.
I have an 11year old son and recall being 16 myself.
Some quick ideas:
If you can afford it--#1go to the Disney store and purchase Disney Dollars ahead of time-- Grandma did this for my son & he truly enjoyed them, plus felt less guilty spending money (altough he did think carefully before giving up his dollars!) on items knowing it was his own money and not having to ask for cash or get our approval.
#2- Disney Quest while I haven't experienced it be careful there--many games are not included in addmission so it could get costly.
#3- The Disney Mini Mice boats are great to buzz around in--don't "share" one though--the more weight the slower they go. (Also rent one at an area that can access the main lake area)
#4- Pin trading is a big thing at WDW, although I am not sure if he'd get into it or not. They sell lanyards and starter sets at the Disney store and kiosks. It may be better to just by the lanyard and money to purchase a couple pins he would really like.
#5-When you can, get Fast Passes activated for rides he'd like to go on that you aren't going on--he can use his FastPAss and then when gets off use yours! I know my son loved the AeroSmith Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM and any older adult would likely not prefer it. (Basically it is a roller coaster that catapults 0-60mph then does 3 inversuion loops -fortunatley no dips that have your stomache drop)
#6- Movie passes to the AMC theater at Pleasure Island
#7- If it is a birthday (or close enough) stop at Magic Kingdom City Hall and wait in line and ask for "It's my birthday today pin" It provided extra special attention, and sometimes if you asked politley allowed you to ride "upfront" or perhaps twice! It was my son's birthday and he enjoyed wearing it for 4 days! (A birthday week!)
#8- A roll of quarters for the hotel arcade room, and quarters and pennies for all the machines that press pennies as soveniers.
#9- perhaps a day trip to Universal? It has the thrill rides if he is into that.
#10- Lastly while he may be 16 remind him it is a magical place and has permission to act like an 8year old again--enjoy the little kid rides, ice cream and if he wants a Disney Hat or stuffed animal to go for it. Teens these days forget it is okay to still be a kid!
Hope this helps, any other hints or help just email since we are fresh from Disney!
p.s. In my opinion--Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon All you can eat buffet (served family style)is overpriced for the food quality, and the "show" is definitely for the families with little ones. I think regualr menu items may have offered better quality and not mass produced type food. BUT you'll love the grounds and lodge it is beautiful and very serene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter