What the heck is going on Sept. 22/23???

1rockinmama

Mouseketeer
All the value and moderates are sold out and my friend are trying to book just that fri sept 22nd (check in) though Sun Sept 24th (check out) for a girls weekend. What is going on that has it so booked up? TIA! :)

It's Rosh Hashanah. Our public schools all have at least Thursday off, if not both Thursday & Friday. Last we we used the long weekend to visit Universal.

I wonder if the issue might be the website, not actual availability. I just did a search, and it shows rooms available at AOA, POFQ, POR, and CBR (as well as many of the deluxes).

ETA: Also, the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness. (I missed it the first time around because I didn't realize it was considered a moderate resort.)

Last edited:
The availability has been low for awhile now. I think a lot of people are traveling for that holiday weekend. I changed my flights to Monday because getting back on Sunday was too expensive.

The week after is less crowded.

Last edited:

It's the website. It's been acting very glitchy ever since a recent update. Try some other resort and go back and look again. Or try on a different browser. A few days ago I was seeing zero availability for the Poly clear out next August but there was availability when I looked on my iPhone.

AoA has Little Mermaid rooms 9/22-24 at $189. That's the only value resort that I'm seeing for those dates, but most of the moderates (except CSR) have availability. I'm seeing CBR, for instance, is $252 for water/pool view (no standard view). Just keep trying. If you're still not able to see any availability, call. Calling Disney is annoying. A website that shows zero availability when there is actually availability is even more annoying.

It's my birthday weekend. I am turning 50, the whole world is celebrating. LOL, but seriously their was time I could go to Disney on this weekend and their was hardly anyone in the parks. Now I avoid Disney like the plague!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter