What the heck is the Blerch??

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Ok, this May is my 10-year run-iversary, and I have no clue what the Blerch is! I saw it (?) on two different shirts during the SW Half, but couldn't get thru the crowd to ask either time. Does anyone here know??

Also, if any of you had the "Hoping to finish in Sith place" shirt, you're s freaking genius. (And I got a decent pic of it in DHS if you didn't get a shot of it :) )

Definitely read the WHOLE link above.

But also..."The Blerch is a fat little cherub who follows me when I run. He is a wretched, lazy beast. He tells me to slow down, to walk, to quit....The Blerch represents all forms of gluttony, apathy, and indifference that plague my life."

The Beat the Blerch runs are runs that Matthew Inman (the oatmeal) started putting on in 2014. He lives in Seattle, and so the first was in the Seattle area (Carnation, specifically). This year will be the third year in Carnation. Last year he had Sacramento (bummer that it was on the same weekend as Disneyland Half) and I believe New Jersey. This year he's doing Vegas instead of those other cities. There is also a VIRTUAL race, and you get *more* than you get with the IRL race, except that you don't get delicious cake and nutella sandwiches along the course and after, if you do the virtual

http://www.beattheblerch.com/

As is my tradition (3 years in September) I'll be doing the 10K on Sunday. DH and DS will be doing the virtual this year.

Inman and a friend also created and put out the hilarious card game (along the lines of Cards Against Humanity) Exploding Kittens. I was one of the Kickstarter backers, and was not disappointed when we got our game. Definitely check that out. Even my sis in law, who doesn't play things like that, ended up playing (even I ended up playing and I NEVER play things like that), and it's a riot. Both with the kid-safe deck and the NSFW deck...just hilarious.

Inman also loves Tesla cars. Thanks Matthew. Thanks to you I'll be looking at how to pay for my Tesla 3 in about 2 years... (no seriously, I pre-ordered...while we went through the process of buying a house... of all times to have the Tesla 3 launch)

So basically I just do whatever Inman tells us to do, LOL.

I love the Blerch.. Get the book. It's worth it.

I plan on running the virtual race again but I'd love to run a live race..

Inman also loves Tesla cars. Thanks Matthew. Thanks to you I'll be looking at how to pay for my Tesla 3 in about 2 years... (no seriously, I pre-ordered...while we went through the process of buying a house... of all times to have the Tesla 3 launch)

I had to just comment on this part. So jealous that you pre-ordered a Tesla 3. I'm so intrigued by them.

Definitely read the WHOLE link above.

But also..."The Blerch is a fat little cherub who follows me when I run. He is a wretched, lazy beast. He tells me to slow down, to walk, to quit....The Blerch represents all forms of gluttony, apathy, and indifference that plague my life."

The Beat the Blerch runs are runs that Matthew Inman (the oatmeal) started putting on in 2014. He lives in Seattle, and so the first was in the Seattle area (Carnation, specifically). This year will be the third year in Carnation. Last year he had Sacramento (bummer that it was on the same weekend as Disneyland Half) and I believe New Jersey. This year he's doing Vegas instead of those other cities. There is also a VIRTUAL race, and you get *more* than you get with the IRL race, except that you don't get delicious cake and nutella sandwiches along the course and after, if you do the virtual

http://www.beattheblerch.com/

As is my tradition (3 years in September) I'll be doing the 10K on Sunday. DH and DS will be doing the virtual this year.

Inman and a friend also created and put out the hilarious card game (along the lines of Cards Against Humanity) Exploding Kittens. I was one of the Kickstarter backers, and was not disappointed when we got our game. Definitely check that out. Even my sis in law, who doesn't play things like that, ended up playing (even I ended up playing and I NEVER play things like that), and it's a riot. Both with the kid-safe deck and the NSFW deck...just hilarious.

Matthew Inman also created the 'Kitty Convict' program, where he encourages indoor cat owners to put orange collars (or orange whatever they will keep on) so that people know the cat is an indoor cat that got loose and needs rescuing.

He also calls ginger-ale 'magic skyjuice' and I will love him forever for that.

Matthew Inman also created the 'Kitty Convict' program, where he encourages indoor cat owners to put orange collars (or orange whatever they will keep on) so that people know the cat is an indoor cat that got loose and needs rescuing.

He also calls ginger-ale 'magic skyjuice' and I will love him forever for that.

I love the kitty convict thing, but some of the comments to that article were amazing. People rejecting the whole concept because they don't want to think of their cats being imprisoned. And so on.

I had to just comment on this part. So jealous that you pre-ordered a Tesla 3. I'm so intrigued by them.

We are insane. :)

On the other hand we've owned one car since 2007 and its long paid off, so I justify it that way. I'm used to paying for vacations; cars feel like crazy expenses lol.

All we have to do is line up funding for it in the next two years. They are fabulously transparent about the basic timing of it.

Oh and I also have to patiently wait out the time until they start making my car. :)

For anyone who can make it to the Seattle area for the September runs, do. It's good fun. And the cake is amazing. Carnation is in Egypt, no getting around a drive in that morning unless you want to camp, but it's very fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter