• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time are the parks ACTUALLY opening?

Carl-Fredricksen

Earning My Ears
I see that some folks are getting on rides before the official 9 AM opening times. We have three full days in the parks the second week of June and I'm wondering what time we should arrive to clear security and the park gates and get on the early rides. All help appreciated!

May 23 - by 0815 (they were open as we walked up)

May 24 - 0823

limited rides, you won’t know until you walk up (they’re all listed as closed/open at 9am in the app and on the in-park boards). so my recommendation is to go to areas with higher densities of rides (Fantasyland, Adventureland) to up your chances of finding an open ride.

May 23 - by 0815 (they were open as we walked up)

May 24 - 0823

limited rides, you won’t know until you walk up (they’re all listed as closed/open at 9am in the app and on the in-park boards). so my recommendation is to go to areas with higher densities of rides (Fantasyland, Adventureland) to up your chances of finding an open ride.
How long was the security line on the days you went? We are going on Monday, and wondering how early we should arrive at the Harbor Boulevard side. Thanks.

How long was the security line on the days you went? We are going on Monday, and wondering how early we should arrive at the Harbor Boulevard side. Thanks.
We went yesterday and got in line just before 8 (parked at Gardenwalk at 7:40ish). The line looked terrifying (it wrapped down Harbor), but started moving at maybe 8:05, and we were in the gates of Disneyland by 8:25.

I kind of answered your question on another tread called “DL Park Strategy with lines and late July heat.” if you want to check it out. 🙂

We went Monday 5/24. Got in line at about 8:30. Going through temp-check line, security, and entrance gate took about 1/2 hour total.

I was there on the 22nd and 23rd. We got to the park at 7:45AM both mornings. They started letting people through security at about 8:10AM. I believe it was about 8:30AM when we were allowed intl the actual parks. On Saturday we went straight to Snow White and it was already running. On Sunday we went to Radiator Springs Racers and it was already running, although there was a slight delay due to some technical issues.

I was there on the 22nd and 23rd. We got to the park at 7:45AM both mornings. They started letting people through security at about 8:10AM. I believe it was about 8:30AM when we were allowed intl the actual parks. On Saturday we went straight to Snow White and it was already running. On Sunday we went to Radiator Springs Racers and it was already running, although there was a slight delay due to some technical issues.

May 23rd I was on Main Street by 8:23am, the gates were already open when I entered the line at 8:15am. Haunted Mansion was open and a walk-on at 8:35am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter