What time can you actually park hop?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I know officially it’s 1. But I know at WDW they say it’s 2 but it’s actually 1:47. Is there a weird earlier time like that at Disneyland? Lol I’m just wondering because I’m planning an every ride in one day in both parks challenge but I have to start in DCA due to OBB and I was just thinking if everything goes perfectly I could finish all of DCA before 1 and even a few extra minutes at DL could make all the difference 😂

I know, I’m crazy for doing the challenge. But I fully believe I can do it! I know the parks by heart, my legs are long and fast, and I can survive without food if I really have to… much easier at DL than WDW!

Nope, 1 PM is the hard cutoff. Good luck with this - what's your ride list? Are you counting Main Street Vehicles and the boats on the river? If so those are early closer so your schedule in DL will be interesting... I'm a pretty hardcore every ride in a day fan and I'm not sure how this can work starting at DCA - seems like you'll breeze through it in just a few hours. Interested to talk shop about this, I'm planning on doing a run at it once new toon town opens up.

Also, know that there will be a line that's a solid 10 minutes to hop from DCA into DL for the several minutes after 1 PM. So if you finish DCA faster than 5 hours (which I'm almost certain you will, you almost have to in order to make this challenge happen just because of the way the crowd flow and lines work in DL..

Nope, 1 PM is the hard cutoff. Good luck with this - what's your ride list? Are you counting Main Street Vehicles and the boats on the river? If so those are early closer so your schedule in DL will be interesting... I'm a pretty hardcore every ride in a day fan and I'm not sure how this can work starting at DCA - seems like you'll breeze through it in just a few hours. Interested to talk shop about this, I'm planning on doing a run at it once new toon town opens up.

Also, know that there will be a line that's a solid 10 minutes to hop from DCA into DL for the several minutes after 1 PM. So if you finish DCA faster than 5 hours (which I'm almost certain you will, you almost have to in order to make this challenge happen just because of the way the crowd flow and lines work in DL..
Yeah I would prefer to start it at DL but because of OBB I’m starting at DCA. I think I’m much more likely to get everything done there from 8-1 than from 1-6. Anything that moves is on my list so right as soon as I can park hop I’ll be hitting Main Street Vehicles and the rivers of America. I’m planning to buy genie+ and ILL for Rise of the Resistance. I don’t think buying ILL for WS or RSR is necessary though since I can do single rider

Is there a specific place they have people line up before 1 who are waiting to park hop? Or do you just kind of hang out by the gates until 1 and then scan in?

In the past, they have park hoppers queue by the right center gates (this was a month or so ago) and if you were in the other lines, they would make you move over to the correct lines. No hovering at a gate. There were CMs loudly announcing where park hopping gates were.

In the past, they have park hoppers queue by the right center gates (this was a month or so ago) and if you were in the other lines, they would make you move over to the correct lines. No hovering at a gate. There were CMs loudly announcing where park hopping gates were.
Also the lines for park hopping can get really long so if you want to get in right at 1pm, I would line up early.

Another idea I just had is I could walk into Downtown Disney and take the monorail into DL since I’ll have to ride it for the challenge later anyway. I’m guessing they would just let you get on at 1?

Another idea I just had is I could walk into Downtown Disney and take the monorail into DL since I’ll have to ride it for the challenge later anyway. I’m guessing they would just let you get on at 1?
You have to scan in in order to enter the line, so you could line up before 1, then scan in and then you can join the line. However keep in mind the monorail won’t run if it’s too hot out. I don’t know the exact threshold but might be like 85?

Yeah I would prefer to start it at DL but because of OBB I’m starting at DCA. I think I’m much more likely to get everything done there from 8-1 than from 1-6. Anything that moves is on my list so right as soon as I can park hop I’ll be hitting Main Street Vehicles and the rivers of America. I’m planning to buy genie+ and ILL for Rise of the Resistance. I don’t think buying ILL for WS or RSR is necessary though since I can do single rider
Are you including Mark Twain, Columbia, rafts, and canoes?

Is it still possible to do all rides in DL and DCA in one day? The more attractions they add (and downtime 🙁) the harder it gets! I guess currently you get the “benefit“ of having Gadget Coaster and Roger Rabbit off of the list.

Is it still possible to do all rides in DL and DCA in one day? The more attractions they add (and downtime 🙁) the harder it gets! I guess currently you get the “benefit“ of having Gadget Coaster and Roger Rabbit off of the list.

Toontown being closed means the challenge is an automatic fail in my books.

But if it's a challenge to do all the open rides, then is Guardians considered 2 rides since they're actually listed separately in the app? Main Street Vehicles is generally considered one.

It's certainly possible to do all rides in DL and DCA in one day. I think the total duration of the rides is just a bit over 4 hours and there are 16 normal hours in a Disney day not including Early Entry and the last ride. But it'll take a bit of luck with breakdowns and lines.

When we were there it was right at 1:00 p.m. AND, we discovered the lines were huge at 1:00 p.m., but by 1:10 there wasn't a line. So, if you finish well before 1:00, you might want to go get in line, but if you finish really close to 1:00, you might take the time to quickly grab food and let the line clear out.

We left DCA once and we were being directed to the lines on the right to park hop to DL. Well, those lines were pretty long so we went straight ahead and when we got to the front we were denied and told to go to the other lines.

Now, we were warned but I didn’t quite understand why only certain lines were allowing park hopping considering it was after 1pm by a few minutes but wanted to warn others to not make the same mistake.

It has been - and still is! - possible to do all rides in both parks in a day, with lots of room to improve times. People have done this within the last month. Including all the river rides, main street vehicles, and trolleys. We are at least 7-8 rides away from it becoming almost practically impossible, apart from a VIP tour, in my opinion. The more rides that get added, the more luck becomes a factor with breakdowns and lines being short at the right times, and the more small minutes matter, but it won't become theoretically impossible for a while.

The folks at parkeology have been logging attempts at this challenge for years now. They were the OGs to do this at WDW, and then it migrated to Disneyland as well. You can see more details on their website if you're curious.

https://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-all-disney-world-disneyland-rides-one-day
https://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-results

It has been - and still is! - possible to do all rides in both parks in a day, with lots of room to improve times. People have done this within the last month. Including all the river rides, main street vehicles, and trolleys. We are at least 7-8 rides away from it becoming almost practically impossible, apart from a VIP tour, in my opinion. The more rides that get added, the more luck becomes a factor with breakdowns and lines being short at the right times, and the more small minutes matter, but it won't become theoretically impossible for a while.

The folks at parkeology have been logging attempts at this challenge for years now. They were the OGs to do this at WDW, and then it migrated to Disneyland as well. You can see more details on their website if you're curious.

https://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-all-disney-world-disneyland-rides-one-day
https://www.parkeology.com/parkeology-challenge-results
Yes, what I meant was: is it still possible to ride every ride on property at Disneyland… not just every open ride at Disneyland. With the amount of refurbishment and downtime attractions are seeing, I’m guessing it is increasingly difficult to accomplish.

There are people who have completed the “every open ride” challenge, but it looks like it’s been a while since anyone completed the full “every ride on property“ challenge. Unless I just didn’t see it.

I agree it’s theoretically possible to ride every ride on property in a day. But I am wondering if, functionally, with all the maintenance issues and other things going on at the parks, if it is still actually possible.

While I get the attraction of doing this as a challenge, will it undermine being able to truly enjoy and savour the ride when you are on it? or will it be a distraction that when you in the middle of Pirates, you're thinking about Jungle Cruise lines or Indiana Jones or if maybe better to wait until Splash etc etc. Maybe need to prioritize the truly best rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter