What time does guest services close in the Magic Kingdom?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We need to upgrade our tickets to AP on our arrival day. I was wondering what time the gest relations desk closes at the Magic Kingdom so that we can do it this day. Also, Ive heard conflicting reports- do we have to actually USE the ticket (enter park) before upgrading?

I think it is open until all the guest are out of the park ( I could be wrong but I have seen it opens ofter the park was closed)

The MK Guest Relations Window (the one outside of the park) closes when the park closes; the exception is on EMH nights when it closes 1 hour into EMH. Guest Relations in City Hall is open until the park is clear of guests. You don't have to use your ticket in order to upgrade it; however, if you are upgrading to AP, your Annual Pass will start on the day that you upgrade it, even if you haven't entered a park yet.

if you are upgrading to AP, your Annual Pass will start on the day that you upgrade it, even if you haven't entered a park yet.

I thought that this only applies if you haven't used the ticket. If you've used the ticket, it was always explained to me the AP is backdated to the first day of use on the ticket from which you upgrade.

You're absolutely correct about when the AP starts if there's previous usage. However, it seemed to me that the OP wasn't intending to use their ticket on the day they were upgrading to an Annual Pass.

Restated for clarity...
Upgrading a Magic Your Way ticket to AP:

If the MYW ticket has been partially used, the AP will be back-dated to start its year on the date that the MYW ticket was first used.
If the MYW ticket has NOT been used, the AP will start its year on the date that the MYW ticket is upgraded.

Also, for clarity...

This discussion is actually about Guest RELATIONS, not Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter