• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time should we arrive at the Rose & Crown for a Fireworks Dining Package to ensure a good table?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
We booked the fireworks dining package at the Rose & Crown on July 4th.

My dining reservation on MDE says 8 pm, but I thought I read somewhere that we can go earlier? I'd like to get a good seat. So maybe show up at 7:15 pm?

44 minutes is WAY too early. No way they will sit you that early
I found a blog that says you can check in 45 minutes before the reservation. Is that wrong?

I think it’s normal to get settled in and start eating before the fireworks. I’d like to be one of the first parties to check in but don’t want to waste my time just waiting around. I was hoping someone else who had done it would have some advice.

We booked the fireworks dining package at the Rose & Crown on July 4th.

My dining reservation on MDE says 8 pm, but I thought I read somewhere that we can go earlier? I'd like to get a good seat. So maybe show up at 7:15 pm?
Note there are no bad tables. They are all pretty much in a line. There are a couple tables "across" next to building but in my several times those were give to large families that filled both tables.

Last time we went a family was waiting in what they thought was the line, others started joining but were technically now in front of them. The Mom got very upset and huffing because they were thinking they lost their good table. According to CMs all tables are assigned in advance based on how many were in your party. When out name came up so did our table assignment.

Last time I did it was October. We arrived about 7:30, they began moving people in at 7:45 and we were seated by 7:55.

I think it’s normal to get settled in and start eating before the fireworks. I’d like to be one of the first parties to check in but don’t want to waste my time just waiting around. I was hoping someone else who had done it would have some advice.
If your reservation time is at 8:00pm, I am guessing the actual fireworks is not scheduled to start until 9:00pm. You will be plenty settled in. When we did the fireworks package at Rose and Crown the fireworks were during dessert.

So if you book the fireworks dining package, you're guaranteed an outdoor table? I'd hate to be stuck inside.
That is my understanding. The best outdoor tables with views are reserved for fireworks dining packages.

So if you book the fireworks dining package, you're guaranteed an outdoor table? I'd hate to be stuck inside.
YES!

Originally all the tables on the lower patio were for the fireworks package with the upper patio being the backup plan for inclement weather. But on our last two (July and Oct 2022) we were seated on the upper patio (under cover) while the lower patio was empty with reserved signs on the tables. Right before the show starts they told us we could move down to the lower patio and they'd bring dessert there. Last time every group but one moved down. At no point did they let anyone who wasn't part of the fireworks package allowed out in the patio areas. So if you book a regular ADR you will be inside or on the upper patio on the side of the building where you enter (pretty much no view).

This is the lower uncovered patio, and upper covered patio. Both are exclusive for Fireworks Dining Package.

Outdoor-seating-Rose-Crown.jpg

YES!

Originally all the tables on the lower patio were for the fireworks package with the upper patio being the backup plan for inclement weather. But on our last two (July and Oct 2022) we were seated on the upper patio (under cover) while the lower patio was empty with reserved signs on the tables. Right before the show starts they told us we could move down to the lower patio and they'd bring dessert there. Last time every group but one moved down. At no point did they let anyone who wasn't part of the fireworks package allowed out in the patio areas. So if you book a regular ADR you will be inside or on the upper patio on the side of the building where you enter (pretty much no view).

This is the lower uncovered patio, and upper covered patio. Both are exclusive for Fireworks Dining Package.

Outdoor-seating-Rose-Crown.jpg
Where in that photo would you say is the best seating for a view of fireworks?

Where in that photo would you say is the best seating for a view of fireworks?
They are all equal. They are in a row so equal in viewing. They all face the show and lagoon.

As far as I know the seats are assigned before you get there based on party size to maximize the space.

This was our view last two trips.

294845059_10159313508949102_177603888233577228_n.jpg294227973_10159313508899102_4807730994504964838_n.jpg

We have done this dining package 6 times. There are no bad seats and they are assigned ahead of time. They usually let you in about 15 mins early. Also have had good timed regular reservations twice and were seated on the upper patio level outside right beside the dining package people but this is never guaranteed. The last time we went in February they offered us if we wanted to upgrade to the dining package at those seats. It’s a great atmosphere, great view and great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter