What time to be at HS gate in the morning?

kkbrig

Mouseketeer
We are going to HS tomorrow, supposedly a 10/10 crowd day. What time should we plan to be at the gate for a 9am opening? We need to RD TSMM.

I was thinking we should be at our All stars movie bus stop at 7:30. Dies that sound right or way too early? We also have our car if that would be easier.

I'd try to hop on an 8am bus. Do you have fastpasses for Rock N Roller coaster, Star Tours, and ToT? If you're only rope dropping Toy Story and it's not super important to do another ride right after, you should be fine.

I would definitely shoot for earlier than 8 if you take a bus. My objective would be to arrive at the park about 8:15. Much earlier than that doesn’t gain you that much. But, if you have to wait as much as 20 minutes for a bus, and /or if the bus is delayed by things like scooter loadings, 8 AM wouldn’t get you there until 8:30 or so.

If it were me, I would get to the bus stop about 7:45. Driving would make it easier to time your arrival.

For a 9 AM opening on a crowded day they will probably let people through the turnstiles about 8:30 and let people head to TSMM before 9.

I would aim to be at the gate between 8 and 8.15. We were there the Tuesday after President's Day, at the gates at 8, and were third group back at the tapstiles. By 8.15 queues had grown substantially and by 8.25 they were extending a long way back. They started letting in at 8.30 then held everyone somewhere at the top of Hollywood Boulevard (we were heading to jedi training sign up)

I think bus stop at 7:30 sounds just right. That's what I'd do.

We just did this on a 10/10 day, with a goal of being at the bus stop at 7:30. We ran late and showed up at 7:52, but a bus rolled up literally just as we did, so that was lucky. We were staying at CSR, so the bus ride was pretty short.

We rope dropped RnR. We were in the crowd at the "rope," about the second family back and toward the right, but once the CM started walking the crowd to the ride at 8:50, people swarmed in and we ended up much further back than I would have expected. I don't know it TSM is much different, but while we still had a bit of a wait, we were still off the ride by 9:15, so I really can't complain.

I did it last Wednesday. I was at the bus stop before 7:45. I was through security and waiting by 8:30. They let us in about 8:45 and held us. The let us go about 8:55 and I was in line by 8:58. I got on TSMM at 9:15.
Good luck!

I checked the posted waits from yesterday. The wait for TSM was up to 85 minutes shortly after the park opened then down to 35 minutes during the last half hour of the evening.

Even on the busiest days, we’ve often been able to ride 4 times during the last hour of operation. To us, this is a much more efficient use of time than arriving an hour early just to ride once.

Just keep in mind that posted wait times are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders. The 35 minute posting last night was likely less than 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter