• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what time to get going ?

ourfirsttime

Earning My Ears
How much time should we allow to get to park?

We plan on getting up early and being to the park by the time they open. We will be staying at the CBR.. We are not sure of what time we should get up have a quick breakfast in our room, catch the bus then head over to the parks and be there by opening...some even suggest before the gates open. What time do we need to get up???? MK will be opening at 9am when we are there this May.

Last April during spring break time we got up at 6:45 and was at the bus stop at 7:30 arrived around 8:00. We are early risers anyway and would've been up to get ready for work/school by 6 anyway if we'd been home....so really, we got to sleep in a little. We got our showers at night so all we had to do is wash our faces, do teeth, hair & jump in some clothes. We arrived at MK early enough that my DGD got picked to be Gatekeeper and open MK one day....very special. Nothing but good can come out of being there early....it's even special to walk in the parks and see it all quiet, clean & sparkling before the crowds hit.

Have fun!

EARLY!!!!! You want to be at the parks 40min-1 hr before opening (we did it with a 3yo). It 's a lot of waiting at the turnstile , but well worth it once you are in. Our DS got to be the gatekeeper his first time ever at MK!!! In Nov we did 9 rides (all the ones on our must-do list) by 10:30 (park opened at 9) and still had half an hour till our PS at CP! May should be more crowded than Nov. If you have little ones head to dumbo first , then Pooh, then whatever else they want to do in Fantasyland. It is well worth it to book a character meal, so you don't have to worry about waiting in long lines to see Mickey. Have fun!

Thank you Jennymouse and susy. I just learned another new thing from this site...getting to be a Gatekepper. I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!How do you get picked...just be the first in line??? My DS 11 or DD 8 would love that.

OURFIRSTTIME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter