• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time will we arrive

dizzyr

DIS Veteran
Our flight is scheduled to land at 9:45am. We're planning on taking the Mears shuttle from the airport and we are staying at Coronado Springs. What time do you think we will get to the hotel assuming we land on time and have no issues with luggage or anything like that?

We have park hoppers and I was thinking of doing Animal Kingdom (mostly just for Pandora) and then heading to Epcot when AK closes. It will likely be our only day at AK so I want to have at least half a day there.

Oh I completely forgot about customs! Duh!

We are flying in from Canada so will need to factor that in as well.

I’d estimate getting to the hotel about noon and over to AK by 1pm.

Land at 9:45am but don’t exit plane to 10am, go to luggage and wait to 10:30am. Get on the Mears bus, wait for all passangers, drive around a bit and hopefully arrive Coronado by 11:30am. Check in luggage, snack/potty break, wait for and take bus to AK… With things going well you might make it to AK by noon. If small delays here and there, could be 1pm.

I would plan on 1 pm because of customs. Just a thought, but AK is best in the morning. Why not do a park that is open later that day and stack your rides for the afternoon? That way you don’t waste time on transportation between parks on such a short day, and you can park hop with AK another day. You also might be sick of traveling after your flight and ride to WDW.

Oh I completely forgot about customs! Duh!

We are flying in from Canada so will need to factor that in as well.
You will go through customs in Canada, not FL.

I normally allow 3 hours from handing to arriving in a park. You will likely need to check your luggage with luggage services as your room may not be ready at that time. If it is it will take time to go to your room to drop luggage, arrange a park bag from a flying bag, etc. I would guess all going well you’ll arrive at AK between 1PM and 2PM.

You will go through customs in Canada, not FL.

I normally allow 3 hours from handing to arriving in a park. You will likely need to check your luggage with luggage services as your room may not be ready at that time. If it is it will take time to go to your room to drop luggage, arrange a park bag from a flying bag, etc. I would guess all going well you’ll arrive at AK between 1PM and 2PM.
I think where you go through customs depends on where in Canada you are flying from.

1681653555504.png

I would plan on 1 pm because of customs. Just a thought, but AK is best in the morning. Why not do a park that is open later that day and stack your rides for the afternoon? That way you don’t waste time on transportation between parks on such a short day, and you can park hop with AK another day. You also might be sick of traveling after your flight and ride to WDW.
I was told the Pandora stuff was best at night. We’ve been to AK before but not since Pandora opened so I wanted to do that early in the trip and then if we didn’t go back to AK again that would be ok (we only have arrival day plus 3 full days).

Is the reason you are suggesting morning for the animals in the safari? I did think about that but since I knew we would probably only do a half day there I wanted to prioritize the evening pandora. That being said what time does it get dark in May?

Our flight is scheduled to land at 9:45am. We're planning on taking the Mears shuttle from the airport and we are staying at Coronado Springs. What time do you think we will get to the hotel assuming we land on time and have no issues with luggage or anything like that?

We have park hoppers and I was thinking of doing Animal Kingdom (mostly just for Pandora) and then heading to Epcot when AK closes. It will likely be our only day at AK so I want to have at least half a day there.
When are you visiting? Yes, Pandora is better at night but still amazing during the day.

Only asking about arrival as you may not get the full effect of Pandora at night based on sunset and park close. E.g. today the sun sets at 7:51 and the park closes at 8PM. The best option to see Pandora after dark would be to hop in line for Flight of Passage right before park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter