What times should I schedule towncar pick-ups for land/sea

froggymomma

Earning My Ears
After reading the disboards (excellent!) - I've decided to cancel all of the DCL transfers for my land/sea and go with a towncar service for me, my DH and 4YO DS. With transfers costing $207 and personal towncar services runjing around $230 it seems a small amount to pay to avoid all of the possible delays. I have some questions and hope you can help:

I've seen lots of companies listed but seem to see consistently positive reviews for FL Tours, Tiffany and Yourride. Can anyone recommend any of these - or provide any personal experiences?

What time should I schedule the transfer from the Poly to Port Canaveral?

What time should I schedule the transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO (actually a rental car company at MCO)? We do not have a departing flight that day, but are renting a car to travel to Tampa so there is no rush.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I decided to go this route after reading comments about waiting for DCL transfers to get full before leaving - and about some arriving at Port Canaveral around 3:30! I don't need the hassle for a vacation I want to be magical!

I'm interested in this question too.

We are using Tiffany, have used them in the past and really like them.

We'll be arriving at the airport and Tiffany will bring us to the Radisson at the port the night before the cruise.

But what time should we arrange to have them pick us up after the cruise?

thanks,
:D

I think you may be better just to rent the car from Avis or Budget at Pt Canaveral and then drop it off at MCO after you've done your Tampa trip. Probably end up much cheaper. Sure others on here can advise better.
Cheers,
Grumbo

We use Happy Limo for all our Disney cruises and have gotten consistently great service ( I have specific details in my trip reports on www.castawayclub.com ). We always fly in the night before our cruise and have them pick us up at 10:00 a.m. the next morning. Even with a quick grocery stop, we're at the port by 11. Coming home, we aim for 8 a.m. if we are heading somewhere else...8:30 if we are in no hurry and have a late flight. I think you are making the right choice to go with a towncar...I HATE driving while on vacation!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Grumbo -
I read you post -bopped my forehead and asked myself "what was I thinking?" Here I am paying for a transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO so I can pay to rent a car to drive to Tampa. I absolutely should rent the car at Port Canaveral. Our flight returns home from Tampa so I am paying a one-way rental premium anyway.

A question - you mentioned Budget and Avis. Both have on-site facilities at Tampa so they're good from that perspective. When I checked their websites they have a location a Cape Canaveral - my question is how do you get from the ship to the rental agency? Can you let me know the location I should contact for each of these and how I can get to my car? A shuttle?

Does Hertz have a presence that you are aware of? I think they have the AAA discount price.

Thanks a lot for this suggestion - hope to hear from you soon.

Also, I need to add Happy Limo to my list to price out for the other two transfers.

Thanks for all your input!

We used Yourride and they were great. We stayed at POFQ. They picked us up about 11:30 at our hotel. We went to the Princess Breakfast in Norway that morning.
When we got to the Wonder, we were able to walk right on without waiting in line for anything except to pass through security. We had a large group and they were great with the kids. We are already planning on using them again next time and highly recommend them.

We have used Florida Town Car Service for the last three years flying into Orlando and last year's trip to Port Canaveral was only $150.00.

We always recommend them.

Kim :
Both Budget and Avis have shuttles from the port to their offices which are relatively close.
I think from an ease of use, and cost factor this would be far cheaper than the limo. The limo would be "nice" but as you're going to rent a car anyway with a one way drop off I think this is a much cheaper, and better way for this scenario anyway.
Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter