What to book once paid is full day comes....

moet7

DIS Veteran
Hi
Haven't cruised in 5 years. Just want to be prepared for when my window opens. I know I can book Palo, excursions and port arrival time.

Is there anything else I need to book that day? I should add this is an adult only cruise.

Also this will be my first time taking the Disney Cruise Line Bus from the resort. Since I'm taking the bus, do I still get to pick my port arrival time? OR is this something that is set by the bus schedule?

Thank you!

Hi
Haven't cruised in 5 years. Just want to be prepared for when my window opens. I know I can book Palo, excursions and port arrival time.

Is there anything else I need to book that day? I should add this is an adult only cruise.

Also this will be my first time taking the Disney Cruise Line Bus from the resort. Since I'm taking the bus, do I still get to pick my port arrival time? OR is this something that is set by the bus schedule?

Thank you!
Just to be sure I'll point out that on some cruises the Paid in Full date is not the same date that your booking window opens.

Have you cruised DCL previously? If so, your booking window opens at 90 days out from the cruise. If not, your window opens 75 days out.

To select a Port Arrival Time you do not need to be paid in full, but you do need to complete all the pages before the PAT page on the check in system.

You may or may not be prompted to select a PAT, due to taking DCL transfers. If prompted to do so, you should just to be sure you get the time you want. But it's a moot point, as arrivals to the terminal that come in on DCL buses will enter the terminal at whatever time they get there. But, your boarding number is tied to your PAT (IF you have one).

Thank you. Yes, I have cruised Disney before. I guess I wasn't clear on that statement. I do know when my window is for booking. I was just wondering if anything else has been added since I cruised last that I could sign up for. Example: Tastings?

Thank you. Yes, I have cruised Disney before. I guess I wasn't clear on that statement. I do know when my window is for booking. I was just wondering if anything else has been added since I cruised last that I could sign up for. Example: Tastings?
Tastings, some character meet & greets have been added to Onboard Activities that you can pre-book.

Does anyone know what time you can start booking on the date your booking window opens? (For PAT, specialty dining, excursions, etc)
Many thanks!

Does anyone know what time you can start booking on the date your booking window opens? (For PAT, specialty dining, excursions, etc)
Many thanks!
Midnight Eastern time.

If the window(s) open on time. Two different windows - online check in & activities bookings.

On occasion one, or the other, may be delayed. Sometimes both. Could be just a few minutes, or several hours.

Hi

Thank you!

We have done the resort-to-port transfers twice and both times it did not allow us to choose a PAT. Your bus schedule is not set in advance; you won't know what time your bus is until the night before when they drop off a letter in your resort room with the departure time. When we got to the port and checked in, they gave us whatever boarding number was currently being called.

We usually do resort-to-port transfers and most times (except in Europe) we've been prompted to pick a PAT but it seems to vary from time to time based on what others have posted. If you are prompted, I would pick something after open boarding since you'll likely not get there until at least that time. I know that by the time we check in and board our room is ready but there's still plenty of time for lunch even after doing my usual routine of unpacking carry on bags, checking/correcting port excursions tickets (had to do this twice). Given that check in takes no more than a minute or two because there are no lines, I figure we probably usually arrive about 1:15-1:30 so I usually pick 1 pm as my PAT if prompted.

The only other things I'm aware of that you might want to book when your window opens are any alcohol tastings as they are now offered online (although may also be offered on board too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter