What to bring to HH

hcarr

Earning My Ears
My husband and I and our 3 yr old are going to HH the week of Labor Day and staying in a 1 br villa. What do we need to bring? sheets, towels, beach chairs, etc? Plus any recommendations you have! Favorite places to eat, golf, etc. Will most of the activities still be ongoing even if after/during Labor Day?

Thank You!
Hilary

You won't need any linens, as the villa will be well equipped and towels are available at the pool and beach house. Beach chairs are not provided (although they may still be available for rent at the beach), but there are lounges and chairs available around the pool for use.

Most all activities are ongoing and should be in full swing in Sep. The ocean will be great for swimming, as well as the pool. I think the weekly fireworks will be ended by then, but there are plenty of nearby places to visit and dine.

Enjoy your trip, the resort has much to offer! :)

If you haven't been to HHI before you might want to visit my website for some information.

You'll enjoy your visit.

Bring some Off! spray.

As for meals, I loved The Old Oyster Factory. Get there early since it's very popular. Scott's, right across the bridge from the Resort, wasn't bad either. The biggest surprize was Del Vecchio's, not far from the Resort. It looks like an average pizza place but I had one of the best meals of the week there. I didn't care for Crabby Nick's. They must get that name from the waitstaff.

If I can find my notes from my May vacation, I'll post more info.

Since we drive we always load the van. When son was younger he would bring a fleet of trucks: dump truck bulldozer, and lots of pails and shovels.

Several moms who flew in with their little boys were thrilled that he shared his items with the other kids. He always had more fun with the other kids helping him construct!

Depending on how many passengers we have we often pack the bikes in the van too. If they won't fir then we rent bikes once there.

Linda

You won't need any linens. We did, however, bring a large beach blanket that folds into its own small case so that we could bring that down to the beach instead of renting chairs there.

I agree that you'll need some insect repellent, but not much. The insects were not as bad as we had imagined.

We should have brought hangers or called ahead and asked for hangers. Storage is a little limited in a one-bedroom, but with one small child, you may very well be OK.

We golfed at Hilton Head National. It is a beautiful course, and guest services arranged it for us and got us a discount. Robert Trent Jones, right across from the resort by Palmetto Dunes offers different lessons each day. The instructor was very patient and pleasant.

One of the best dinners we had was at the Jazz Corner. It's about two miles from the resort and we did that while the kids were at Kids Night Out. That was an exceptional time. The music was classic and DVC members get a significant discount there.

There are so many worthwhile activities at HHI that you will not need to leave the resort much.

I am sorry I brought so many clothes. With a washer and dryer, you really can get by with less.

Whatever you forget, you can get there or the staff will help you compensate. No matter what, you are going to have the time of your life. Bring your camera and lots and lots of film!

Enjoy!
Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter