• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what to buy?

angelmom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Those brads were
I have a Dimage Z1, and would like to get a new camera. I basically like it-great outdoor pics and a good zoom, but it doesn't do well in lowlight situations or in large areas (inside school gyms, churches, etc.) and I decided I would like a smaller camera that I can put in a pocket or in my purse. So since I will have to give up the zoom can I ge by with a 5 or higher megazixel and do cropping to get the close up shots I'm use to? and what would be a good camera? I would like to stay with the sd card but don't have to. I would love to hear some advice!!!

angelmom said:
I have a Dimage Z1, and would like to get a new camera. I basically like it-great outdoor pics and a good zoom, but it doesn't do well in lowlight situations or in large areas (inside school gyms, churches, etc.) and I decided I would like a smaller camera that I can put in a pocket or in my purse. So since I will have to give up the zoom can I ge by with a 5 or higher megazixel and do cropping to get the close up shots I'm use to?

IMO
Well going to a smaller camera is not going to help with the lowlight images, it may actually make things worse.

As for using cropping as a sort of Zoom it may work but it is not ideal.

With the Dimage having such a big zoom it kinda exagerates the low light issues, because if you shoot from more than 10-15 feet away, the builtin flash becomes unusable. If you stop using the zoom and actually get closer the flash will illuminate the subject better. Of course that is not always possible, but that is ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter