What to do around Yacht Club/Beach Club in the morning? (Pirate Cruise)

Amanda Hall

Mouseketeer
We are dropping 2 kids off to do the albatross treasure hunt from the yacht club in April at 9:30 am. We will have 2 hours to hang out in that area with a 1 year old in tow. Any recommendations? Breakfast? Coffee?

Ale & Compass has a nice breakfast at the Yacht Club.

It’s also nice just to stroll the Boardwalk, and you can get breakfast/ coffee at Boardwalk Bakery. When we stayed at Beach Club last August we took turns on early morning toddler duty. My (then) 1.5 year old loved to have us just wheel him up the Boardwalk, back around to Yacht/ Beach Club in his stroller.

Cape May has a great character breakfast at the Beach Club. Otherwise, just walking around and checking out the resorts gift shops and grabbing some ice cream at ample hills is a great way to kill time.

Ample Hills doesn’t open until 2pm. I would suggest breakfast at Ale and Compass or get something from the Boardwalk Bakery and sit outside, then take a stroll around.

I’ve had to do this before. You can take your 1 year old to the playgrounds at the resorts. My son loved the one at the Boardwalk. He also liked to watch the ducks/birds while having a snack from the bakery. The time went by very fast!

One morning we wheeled my toddler onto the boat that goes from BC to HS/ Epcot/ Swolphin/ Boardwalk, just to go for the boat ride and kill some time. I wouldn’t do this if the boats are crowded but it calmed him down and kept him occupied to take a little “cruise” before breakfast.

As much as I love the idea of lingering over a sit down breakfast I am not sure our spunky 1 year old will have the patience. We will probably hit up the bakery and check out a playground. We are staying at SOG so no pool for us. We considered riding a surrey bike as I know you can strap little ones on the front basket but I have heard the hill around the lake is very steep and may not be great with a small one riding.

What if you rent a Surrey bike? I would imagine you can place your toddler between the two of you.
Do you have park tickets for that day? What about going into Epcot?

I don’t have much advice, but if it’s a park day later maybe hit up epcot (if you have hoopers?)

But I’m really interested to hear how your kids like this please post a review!

Our daughter has done this a couple times and my husband and I have gone to Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in Epcot for breakfast and coffee. If you don’t have a park ticket to use,a stroll around the Boardwalk would be nice, you could grab breakfast at the BoardWalk Bakery. Our daughter loved the Pirate Adventure Cruise, hope your kiddos enjoy it also. :)

Your child will love the Pirate Cruise, especially if Raouf is running it--he is wonderful. Our son, now 23 and in graduate school, makes a point of seeing him every time we stay at YC. Hugs all around...another instance of the magic of Disney. All the suggestions above are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter