What to do before/after Ohana’s?

disneyboy123

Mouseketeer
We have a 6pm reservation at Ohana’s Next Wednesday. Was wondering if there is anything to do before and after our dinner reservation on the resort. I’ve read we could watch fireworks from the beach? What time would this be?

TIA!

There is also Trader Sam's (tiki bar with special effects based on what you order). It is really fun.

Electrical Water Pageant at the Poly Beach 9 pm, fun to watch.

Kae

The Poly has a great store too. A great resort to walk around at. Grab a hammock if there’s a free one on the beach. Plenty to do!

Pineapple Lanai if your like Dole Whip and are still hungry. (After Ohana I doubt it) Fireworks from beach are great. Electrical Water Pageant. Its a beautiful resort. You could also monorail over to the Grand Floridian and watch the fireworks from the boat dock there.

We like to walk around the resort and then check out the gift shop. We've never stayed for fireworks, but I think that would be awesome!

Trader Sams opens at 4pm, so you could arrive early and experience the special effects in the bar before your Ohana reservation. I believe the Poly still has a torch lighting ceremony in the early evening (think Hawaiian man waving flaming torches around and then symbolically lighting a lamp etc). After dinner there will usually be an outdoor movie on the green at the rear of the lobby, or you could get another cocktail on the outdoor Trader Sam Terrace, listening to Hawaiian music (sometimes live) and watch the Electric Water Pageant from the Terrace, or head down to the beach area.

One thing to consider when making plans is that seating for Ohana reservations often run late for some reason so assume you may exit the meal later than you would normally expect with a 6pm reservation.

Thanks all..
just curious, is Ohana's still as good as it used to be? I've read recent dinner reviews and they seem to be very mixed..

Thanks all..
just curious, is Ohana's still as good as it used to be? I've read recent dinner reviews and they seem to be very mixed..

My boyfriend and I (both aged 30) went for the first time in August and loved it. It's a little too much food for us to handle in one sitting, and we were tired from a long park day, but we had a great view for the fireworks and loved the "appetizers". We also liked Trader Sam's beforehand and plan to return to both in April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter