• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What To Do For Our Anniversary?

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
My husband and I will be going to WDW in late January to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We thought it would be appropriate, since we honeymooned there. Anyway, I'd like to book a special something for us to do one day/night, and have no idea what to book. A gourmet dinner (V&E, Yachtsman, etc.) is out-my husband won't eat fancy food, he's strictly a meat & potatoes guy, and doesn't care for steak or seafood. He doesn't like to dress up either...lol. We did the Wishes dessert party in January, 2016, and weren't very impressed. I thought a tour might be cool; but, I don't want to use valuable park ride time walking around looking at stuff. So...what could we do? Is there anything left? LOL
ETA: I forgot to mention that my husband is disabled, but refuses to use a cane, walker or wheelchair-he can walk, but has to walk slowly.

Last edited:
subscribing....my 25th wedding anniversary trip is in May 2017.....we plan on 4-5 days @ WDW, 8 day Caribbean Cruise and then back to WDW for 2-3 days.....well, that the plan anyways...

My husband and I will be going to WDW in late January to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We thought it would be appropriate, since we honeymooned there. Anyway, I'd like to book a special something for us to do one day/night, and have no idea what to book. A gourmet dinner (V&E, Yachtsman, etc.) is out-my husband won't eat fancy food, he's strictly a meat & potatoes guy, and doesn't care for steak or seafood. He doesn't like to dress up either...lol. We did the Wishes dessert party in January, 2016, and weren't very impressed. I thought a tour might be cool; but, I don't want to use valuable park ride time walking around looking at stuff. So...what could we do? Is there anything left? LOL

We did do the Undiscovered Future World Tour for our 20th. I picked it so DH could see the Firework barges, we did enjoy it and had fun. We also got to go to a roped area to see Illuminations.

Kae

Have you considered a Wishes cruise? You get a private boat tour of Seven Seas Lagoon, snacks, and a prime spot to watch the fireworks without being elbow to elbow with a million other people.

We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on our 25 Anniversary trip. We loved it.
We also went on the Tour of the Magic Kingdom where you get to go in the back stage area of the park. Also a very good time.

ETA: I forgot to mention that my husband is disabled, but refuses to use a cane, walker or wheelchair-he can walk, but has to walk slowly.
Couples massage?
Horse drawn carriage ride at POR?
IllumiNations cruise out of the YC?
Is he a thrill rider? Maybe Ultimate day of Thrills tour? (not a traditional tour, just all the top attractions in each park, one day)
Do you enjoy adult beverages? Cocktails and bites at the Cali Grill bar then watch Wishes from the viewing area. (You don't need ADRS to sit at the bar!)
These are just a few things that popped into my brain.
Happy anniversary!

My DH and I honeymooned at Disney and are going back in 2017 for our 10 year. We loved eating at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary during fireworks. It was amazing! But perhaps since yours doesn't prefer fancy food, maybe something like eating dinner at Ohana (all you can eat and lots of meat) and then watching the MK fireworks from the beach at the Poly might be a fun and romantic way to spend the evening!

My DW and I are fortunate enough to go to WDW every year for our anniversary. This year will be Disney 7.0.. :)

I would suggest maybe a fireworks cruise. My DW and I did this on our Disney 4.0 trip and loved it. We saw Wishes from the lagoon.

Happy anniversary!
My first thought was maybe do something that you did while on your honeymoon - for nostalgia's sake. :)
My next thought was if you DH is not in to fancy dinners, maybe you can book a dinner at someplace fun but not fancy - like Biergarten or Hoop De Doo Review.

My DH and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon too (in fact arrived at the Grand Floridian 26yrs ago today!) and went by ourselves for our 25th anniversary. Instead of big dinners, which aren't really our thing, we tried the lounges at some of the signature restaurants. It was nice to sit with a glass of wine and appetizer, chat with each other and just take it easy. We did stay at the Grand Floridian for our anniversary too, and watched Wishes from there. Nothing overly fancy, no one had to dress up, but a magical time.

My DW and I are fortunate enough to go to WDW every year for our anniversary. This year will be Disney 7.0.. :)

I would suggest maybe a fireworks cruise. My DW and I did this on our Disney 4.0 trip and loved it. We saw Wishes from the lagoon.

We love Wishes and MK! That might just be the ticket! Thank you ALL!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is fun for an anniversary. No dressing up. Lots of fun and laughs. Definitely good for the meal preferences. And as part of the show they do something special for couples celebrating anniversaries (which I won't divulge to spoil the surprise).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter