What to do if Grandpa can't come.

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Grandpa loves going to OKW with us. We order a HA Grand Villa and everyone is happy. The problem is that Grandpa is now 85 years old has a
20 year old quadruple bypass operation, stents, etc.

My question is, what should we do if Grandpa can't make it? Should we just use the HA GV? Or should we tell someone as soon as we are sure that he is not going to come?

We are certainly OK with the HA room since we are in the 60's and we have grandchildren with strollers. :confused3

If Grandpa doesn't go you should give up the handicap room and take a regular room. 60's and strollers don't justify the use when you could be stopping someone that uses a wheelchair from a vacation because the rooms are full.

There are only 2 Handicapped Accessible GVs at OKW.
Except for those 2, the entrance for the GVs at OKW are on the second floor of the building.
I think there is one GV that is not Handicapped Accessible in one of the buildings with elevators, but I don't know for sure. I do know that you can request first floor or elevator building, but the only way to guarantee it for a GV at OKW is to reserve a Handicapped Accessible one.

Since there are so few HA GVs at OKW, if you don't need one, it would be nice if you cancelled so it can be available to someone who does need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter