What to do in Disney when your husband hates Disney....

I love this!

I get that some families decide to split work and home duties (and that it's a viable choice) but we went the same way you did. - It just seemed more efficient and better suited to our personalities than all the juggling. But I still had people wondering why I was "wasting my degree". It drove me nuts. (And our finances are a lot like yours now. We actually have a joint checking account, but we still feel we "live" off DH's salary and "play" with mine.)
Heck, that was our plan from the time our son was born. Not separate accounts, but that I would stay home, and be a Mom and housewife. He would work. And I would go back to work when our son was in collage.

Our plan kind of fizzled out when I was diagnosed with lupus and me working full time is no longer an option.

My husband doesn't feel like I owe him for "taking care" of me and I don't feel like he owes me for raising our son and keeping house.

I love this!

I get that some families decide to split work and home duties (and that it's a viable choice) but we went the same way you did. - It just seemed more efficient and better suited to our personalities than all the juggling. But I still had people wondering why I was "wasting my degree". It drove me nuts. (And our finances are a lot like yours now. We actually have a joint checking account, but we still feel we "live" off DH's salary and "play" with mine.)

Yes whatever works for your family is what is best.
Heck, that was our plan from the time our son was born. Not separate accounts, but that I would stay home, and be a Mom and housewife. He would work. And I would go back to work when our son was in collage.

Our plan kind of fizzled out when I was diagnosed with lupus and me working full time is no longer an option.

My husband doesn't feel like I owe him for "taking care" of me and I don't feel like he owes me for raising our son and keeping house.

Exactly! Why would he owe me for staying home and taking care of the kids and house, he lives there too, he created those kids too. During they day he worked while I took care of everything at home. I think that's an even split. Now that I work full time again and I am lucky my job is the same hours as the kids are in school, we share some household chores which is nice.

I wouldn't feel like my husband 'owed' me, as in owing somebody a salary.
But, if I sacrificed my own job/career/personal interests/etc... to be the one devoting so much time to being there to raise the kid(s) and to take care of everything domestic... (which I pretty much did)
Yes, I would feel like he owes me a LOT in the way of respect, gratitude, compromise, breaks... (the vacation that I have hoped and wished and planned for).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter