What to do in EPCOT

Kevin Chalmers

Earning My Ears
Family of 6 with 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 4, 4) heading to WDW in 11 days. One of our days is in EPCOT and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. Haven't been to WDW in 15 years and what I remember about EPCOT is that it seems to be more adult oriented with the different countries.

Here is our plan so far:

Akershus breakfast - 8:05am
Ride FEA before rope drop
Meet Anna/Elsa
Test Track for 4 of us, Soarin for 2 - 9:25 FP
Journey into Imagination
Disney Pixar Short Film Festival
Nemo - 10:25 FP
Turtle Talk - 11:25 FP

Aside from character meets, which we're not sure the kids will even want to do, what else would be fun for the three to do in EPCOT? We're not sure whether to just leave after TT or plan on other things.

Thoughts??
TIA

I think Epcot is the best place to meet characters (granted it's been a few years since I've been). I've stumbled upon Pooh and Tigger in England (with no line). There were various other characters with almost no line in the World Showcase.

There are a ton of performances in the world showcase, so depending on their interests that could be cool.

Each country has an area the kids can color and things as well and maybe it will be interesting to see the countries...

If you'll be there in 11 days, then the International Festival of the Arts will be on. Last year there was a fun scavenger hunt with Figment where kids could look at famous paintings (like the Mona Lisa) to find Figment. You buy a map and sticker set (maybe $7 per set?) and can go around the whole World Showcase. There will also be lots of fun booths and exhibits set up that celebrate art. Last year there were 3D chalk drawings, interactive paintings, moving statues, all sorts of cool things to check out that may be fun for kiddos :)

Our girls love Epcot!!! We could spend an entire day at World Showcase. They too love the coloring stations.

Mine are similar ages and love Epcot. I'd recommend adding to your itinerary the boat ride inside the pyramid in Mexico, the Living with the Land ride, and Spaceship Earth (ride inside the golf ball). The character meal at Garden Grill is also great (rotating restaurant with Chip & Dale, Mickey and Goofy that overlooks Living with the Land). You will spend some time inside the building that houses Nemo and Turtle Talk -- lots of beautiful aquariums and a play area. There is a fun play area at the end of the Journey into Imagination ride. Inside the Mission Space building there is another indoor play area with tunnels and climbing, etc. -- you do not have to go on the ride to get to it. My kids also like walking through the countries -- especially the gardens in England and the model train in Germany. Look for the "kidcot stations" -- each child gets a cardboard cut out that they can color and then take to each country for a stamp sort of like a passport. At night, Illuminations is an awesome firework show and don't forget the twinkling sidewalks. Have a great time!

Agent P's is a lot of fun, get a passport and have it stamped at the Kidcot stations in each country (also color the Duffy bear). There is the boat ride in the pyramid and Living with the Land shouldn't be missed. DD loves to get a Henna tattoo. She could spend hours wandering around the shops in Japan and China. Go try all the different coke flavors at Club Cool.

Epcot is our favorite park and we spend a ton of time there. DD is 8 now, she was 4 on our first big trip and has always loved Epcot.

I would second what others have mentioned and also have your kids talk to the CMs in the countries. Epcot has always been my son's favorite park, even when he was 3 he loved it more than MK. He loved history even as a kid and loved to talk to the CMs about their countries. He also loved to try all the foods at the different countries and could spend a hour at least just looking at the fish in the Living Seas (he is now a scuba diver like me and my honey and an archaeologist).

Family of 6 with 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 4, 4) heading to WDW in 11 days. One of our days is in EPCOT and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. Haven't been to WDW in 15 years and what I remember about EPCOT is that it seems to be more adult oriented with the different countries.

Here is our plan so far:

Akershus breakfast - 8:05am
Ride FEA before rope drop
Meet Anna/Elsa
Test Track for 4 of us, Soarin for 2 - 9:25 FP
Journey into Imagination
Disney Pixar Short Film Festival
Nemo - 10:25 FP
Turtle Talk - 11:25 FP

Aside from character meets, which we're not sure the kids will even want to do, what else would be fun for the three to do in EPCOT? We're not sure whether to just leave after TT or plan on other things.

Thoughts??
TIA

I would do Living with the Land after Soarin'. Consider Spaceship Earth (it's a must-do on DS's list), Mission Space green. I would also consider going into Innoventions East and doing Colortopia and Spectaculab (both very fun and interactive for the kids). I would do Gran Fiesta in Mexico and try to catch a few of the shows. DS loves the acrobats in China!

There's plenty to do at Epcot.
BTW you're being a bit over confident with your timing of getting all that in.
Also you're missing several rides for all ages.
Why are you not doing Spaceship Earth, Living With The Land, Mexico boat ride...?
World Showcase while geared more towards adults can be cool for kids as well.
Also I wouldn't miss Illuminations reflections of Earth for anything!

Agent P
Kidcot stations
Exploring the countries
Trying different foods, snacks
Hands on games in the Sea, TT, M:S, and Spaceship Earth pavilions (go In thre exit).
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Mexico ride

My kids love Epcot!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/

Epcot is a great park for just cruising around the world showcase. There are interesting things to see in each country whether it is a movie, cool gift shop (Japan is great for kid shoppin), characters, snacking, live show or the Kidcot stations. Don't forget the miniature trains in Germany. My kids loved Epcot at that age. We bought the passports (do they still do that?) and worked on them over a couple of trips.

In the future world you can take the kids on Living with the Land and spend time exploring the living seas pavillion... don't miss the mantees.

I, like all pps, would recommend staying at Epcot all day. When we visit World Showcase, we (DH and I) step back and just let the kids take the lead. The rest of our trip involves US telling THEM where to go. But in WS, we give them the freedom to wander and take the lead. There’s a lot to explore and see there.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Like I said, it's been years since I've been as a parent and when we took our then 6 year old, I remember thinking the world showcase was really not for kids. They've added a lot of new things since then. I had no idea about the Mexican boat ride. As far as the other rides, we'll have to play it by ear...just not sure the kiddos will be into spaceship earth or mission space.

Do you think I should drop the Turtle Talk FP and try to get Spaceship Earth?

Are any of your children afraid of dark rides? Spaceship earth is very dark going up to the top at first, although it is not a scary ride. My DS was afraid of dark rides around 3-5 years old... sometimes we had good experiences and sometimes not. Just something to think about. Don't miss coke's Club Cool in Future World either!

Are any of your children afraid of dark rides? Spaceship earth is very dark going up to the top at first, although it is not a scary ride. My DS was afraid of dark rides around 3-5 years old... sometimes we had good experiences and sometimes not. Just something to think about. Don't miss coke's Club Cool in Future World either!

Well, yes, a bit scared. But that is usually only when by themselves.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Like I said, it's been years since I've been as a parent and when we took our then 6 year old, I remember thinking the world showcase was really not for kids. They've added a lot of new things since then. I had no idea about the Mexican boat ride. As far as the other rides, we'll have to play it by ear...just not sure the kiddos will be into spaceship earth or mission space.

Do you think I should drop the Turtle Talk FP and try to get Spaceship Earth?

I'd keep turtle talk, especially if they like Finding Nemo.

Consider Spaceship Earth (it's a must-do on DS's list)

Another vote for SE! I know it seems like a lot of the info might go over the heads of young children but my 4 & 5 yr old DGDs loved it! It's cool to look at the scenes and ride the ride even if they don't get everything. In fact, I'm not sure I get everything.:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter