• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do in the evenings?

czmom

DIS Veteran
We will be in the parks next week and I am trying to get a general touring plan. We plan to do park open through lunch, and then go nap and swim. Likely return to parks around 5:00. What are some rides/shows we should plan to do with minimal waits in the early evening?

We do have plans for F!, WOC, PTN, and fireworks :)

School districts are slowly starting to go back to school, but a fair number are still on summer break in early August, so I would guess that crowds are still going to be on the high side. I don't know that there are going to be a lot of attractions with minimal waits that early in the evening. I would guess things like Mr. Lincoln (if it's operating), the train, the Mark Twain/Columbia (last run of the night is somewhere in the early evening), Tiki Birds, and the carousel might have fairly short lines.

Get FPs before you leave that you can use after you return. That's the only way to make sure you get a shorter wait for something.

Early evening tends to be one of the most crowded times of day, though some people will have started lining up for the parade already. You might find that the last showing of Mickey and the Magical Map is one of the least crowded (usually around 5pm).

We will be in the parks next week and I am trying to get a general touring plan. We plan to do park open through lunch, and then go nap and swim. Likely return to parks around 5:00. What are some rides/shows we should plan to do with minimal waits in the early evening?

We do have plans for F!, WOC, PTN, and fireworks :)

You can usually do the following in the evenings without extremely long waits:

At DL

POTC
JC
IASW
Tiki Room
DLRR
MT
Columbia SS

And get FPs for:

BTMRR
BLAB
HM

At DCA

LMAUA
CA Screamin
ITTBAB
MJJ

And get FPs for

CA Screamin
Soarin (often but not always)
ToT (often but not always)

:wizard:

Get FPs before you leave that you can use after you return. That's the only way to make sure you get a shorter wait for something.

Sorry not familiar with FP system at DL...but if we leave at say 2:00pm and return at 5:00pm and want to get FP for when we come back will we get to pick a later time for FP or is it going to spit out what is available next? Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately, you cannot select your FP return time. The machines distribute FPs in time order and when one time block runs out of FPs, the system rolls to the next time block (usually in 5 minute increments). The returns times for each attraction are all independent (e.g., RSR may be distributing FPs for 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm, while at the same time, the Buzz Lightyear machines might be distributing FPs for 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm). It's tough to get FPs for a specific time unless you're willing to hang out at the machines and wait for that time to be distributed.

Early evening tends to be one of the most crowded times of day, though some people will have started lining up for the parade already. You might find that the last showing of Mickey and the Magical Map is one of the least crowded (usually around 5pm).

I agree. At least in the busy times, early evening is a zoo; super crowded and mobs of people blocking the sidewalks waiting for the parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter