What to do - owner won't respond

I’m glad they at least took the payment but I’d still be concerned about the lack of contact. Not to be an alarmist but the payment could have been pre-programmed at the time of the booking. Keep trying to reach them.

Holy cow -- we have payment!!! No explanation, but final payment is in process of being withdrawn from my account. I'm good. Nervous about what happens if I have any problems, and probably wouldn't book through the same again. But I really don't want to be having to find something else this late in the game.

@Jedimom Have you called the place where you are staying to verify there is a reservation in your name? Or are you staying at a private home ? I am so uneasy about this. :sad2: I hope all turns out well for you. Please do not let this experience turn you against staying off-site. There are other resorts that would give far better service. Good luck and enjoy your vacation !!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

@Jedimom Have you called the place where you are staying to verify there is a reservation in your name? Or are you staying at a private home ? I am so uneasy about this. :sad2: I hope all turns out well for you. Please do not let this experience turn you against staying off-site. There are other resorts that would give far better service. Good luck and enjoy your vacation !!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I would totally do this - just as an ease of mind thing

I hope you have a good vacation!

We will not ever rent from an individual again.
I would never let one bad experience stop me from renting properties. We have been renting homes in the Disney area for nearly 30 years. We’ve also rented in numerous other places. It’s a great way to vacation and we like it far more than a hotel most of the time.

Glad it worked out. Not good for a company to ignore your correspondence. Next time you know to try somewhere new. Have a great trip!!!

Hmm...thanks, I missed that one on the website. Saw SVV but didn't want to be that far out. I'll put it on the maybe list. Would prefer 3BRs but we could make 2BRs work. Only thing I don't like is that they mentioned electric could be turned off to certain buildings during the day for renovations.

I just want to make a quick clarification, Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina was talking about Sheraton Vistana Resort which is right on 535 and very close to WDW, not Sheraton Vistana Villages which is further out closer to Sea World. We stayed in SVR in May and really liked it.

Holy cow -- we have payment!!! No explanation, but final payment is in process of being withdrawn from my account. I'm good. Nervous about what happens if I have any problems, and probably wouldn't book through the same again. But I really don't want to be having to find something else this late in the game.

I'm glad to hear they're finally responding!

Let us know how this turns out. I would still be Leary. So many voicemails and so forth it's still scary to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter