What to do Post cruise when Disney parks are not available

Mirador

Earning My Ears
We booked a last minute 3-night Cruise departing in 10-days. Because this is such a short cruise we figured we could add a couple of days at WDW. However, there’s no longer availability for any of the parks on the days we can visit after the cruise arrives, except Epcot. There’s also no availability on any of the Disney resorts. The holiday festival at Epcot will not be available yet and the Food and wine would be over. We are considering Universal or IOA, but we have visited both parks before. Any other ideas on another attraction we could do post cruise? Would Epcot be worth it? Thanks.

It really depends what you are looking for. There are people who love Epcot, and those who hate it. I do think that Epcot could be one of the better parks to go to in your case. I love World Showcase to leisurely stroll through. Epcot is not the park to rush from ride to ride. After a relaxing cruise, I would like to stay in that mindset. That one season has ended and the other hasn't begun yet can be a pro, as most locals will wait to the next season to go back. Meaning, crowds can be more reasonable.

Epcot will probably be nicer given that no special events will be taking place. Blizzard Beach is a very nice water park and worth a visit if it's warm enough. Fort Wilderness offers horseback riding, and there is Fantasia mini-golf and Winterland Summerland mini-golf. Any interest in Legoland?

Great point on the potential for less crowds at Epcot. I hadn’t considered that as a plus. Kids are 16 and 10 so likely out of the age range for Legoland. May reconsider Epcot and add mini-golf. Thanks for the input!

I assume you are talking about visiting during Thanksgiving week. Although not at capacity, I would still assume Epcot will be very crowded. Lots of people in town that week. On the plus side, it will be decorated for Christmas which is always fun.

Keep checking for park passes to open up, it happens regularly
We love Disney Springs for dining and shopping, but its not a whole day thing.
Also, Disney is no longer doing one night reservations for hotels, that is why it shows no availability.
You can try the Swan and Dolphin.
We love Epcot walking through the countries is so nice, plus you can walk right over to The Boardwalk from the back entrance and wonder through the hotels, Christmas decor is going up. Beaches and Cream for some ice cream.

** Check dining 24-36 before and plenty of restaurants will open up.

We’ll be cruising with you if you’re on the Dream. It’s Thanksgiving week so it will be crowded everywhere. We are planning shopping and seeing the decor at Disney Springs. Cirque du Soleil has a new show debuting next weekend. A monorail crawl if you have never seen the resorts in their Christmas decor.

If you get park-hopper tickets, you most likely can hop to any park after 2pm. You just need to tap-in at the reserved park (Epcot) first. There is a risk that hopping won't be allowed, but it has only been denied at MK on Oct. 1st, even other dates when all parks had no reservations available hopping was allowed.

Resort availability is tight, but if you are searching for just 1 night post-cruise that may be the problem. WDW has blocked 1-night stays. See if DCL can book you a post-night stay, or try for 2 nights (if you have the time and budget).

Update: we ended up staying one night at the Swan and visiting Epcot after our cruise. Epcot was doing extra evening hours for deluxe resort guests on the day we visited, which ended up working our perfectly for our post cruise trip. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter