what to do the first day /o going to a park

mickeyinjune

Mouseketeer
We will be getting in around 4pm to check in. Will probably do dinner, was thinking to go to the boardwalk and watch the fireworks from epcot, anyone know if you can see them rom the boardwalk. Someone else mentioned the water pageant but not sure where this is at.(the contemporary?) someone else mentioned about watching the fireworks from MK on the baech at the Poly. Can you go there if your staying at a different disney property resort.

Yes, you should be able to see the Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk area, but I personally do not know the good spots for doing this.

The Water Pageant is on the Seven Seas Lagoon, you can see it from the Contemporary and also the Poly and GF; I believe it stops at all these resorts.

You can watch the MK fireworks from inside 'Ohana and California Grill restaurants (in the Poly and Contemporary, respectively -- if I've left any restaurants out, sorry!). They pipe in the soundtrack and lower the lights during the show so you can see and hear better, from what I have been told.

Have a great first day! It's always the best one, IMHO!:p

The Epcot fireworks aren't that great from outside the park. Illuminations is centered on the lagoon in Epcot, so you can't see much from outside. There are some fireworks, but it's not close to the show you see at MK. If the MK fireworks are going to be shown that night, I would plan on seeing those. You can find one spot to watch the fireworks and then the parade.

We like to settle in at our resort, have a character dinner and go to Downtown Disney. This year we are hoping to see MK fireworks from the Contemporary...I'm hoping this will be a good view, never tried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter