• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do, what to do... Beach Club or Copper Creek at WL?

gabbyrosebud

"They can't stop me from dreaming"
Hello my friends! I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for a Copper Creek deluxe studio for $370.00 a night Sept. 1-8. But then a Beach Club std. room became available for the same dates for $403.00 a night. We love the theming of the WL, but the Beach Club pool looks amazing. We are so torn on where to stay! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :-)

What park is most important? If it is Epcot then BC for sure. YC & WL are our 2 top resorts. We have not stayed at BC but I think I would love it as much as YC.

CCV is beautiful, but BC is our favorite resort. You simply can't beat the proximity to EP, DHS and all of the restaurants and other amenities in the Boardwalk area. We found the transportation and food options to be a bit lacking at CCV/WL.

Hello my friends! I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for a Copper Creek deluxe studio for $370.00 a night Sept. 1-8. But then a Beach Club std. room became available for the same dates for $403.00 a night. We love the theming of the WL, but the Beach Club pool looks amazing. We are so torn on where to stay! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :-)

Beach Club for sure, especially if you have more than two people in your party. Unless you are spending every day at MK, the ability to walk to two parks, the dining options spread between YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin, the Boardwalk, and EPCOT, Stormalong Bay, and just the bigger room are worth the extra $231 plus taxes and fees.

That said, make sure you request a room with a full balcony and (if you have more than 2 people) a daybed. Neither are guaranteed at the Beach Club.

Beach Club for sure, especially if you have more than two people in your party. Unless you are spending every day at MK, the ability to walk to two parks, the dining options spread between YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin, the Boardwalk, and EPCOT, Stormalong Bay, and just the bigger room are worth the extra $231 plus taxes and fees.

That said, make sure you request a room with a full balcony and (if you have more than 2 people) a daybed. Neither are guaranteed at the Beach Club.

Thank you! That's the only thing I worry about with the standard Beach Club room. They don't have a full balcony, and the view won't be very nice.

I agree with BC! BC/BCV are our favorite resort, we love the pool and the ability to walk to two parks.
Some of the standard rooms have full balconies, just make that your #1 request. We have stayed in a standard room with full balcony a couple times. I usually just make that my only request. Have a great trip.

Thank you! That's the only thing I worry about with the standard Beach Club room. They don't have a full balcony, and the view won't be very nice.

I could be wrong, but there are standard view rooms at BC with full balconies. Also while there are some rooms with a bad view at BC (there also are bad views at CCV), if you look at the YC/BC forums you should be able to come up with a room request that should avoid getting one of those rooms. Disney is mostly good at preventing fully bad views unless absolutely necessary. I wouldn’t hesitate to book BC.

The studio will have one queen bed and a sofa bed while the BC room will have 2 queen beds and many rooms also have a daybed. The BC is convenient for walking to Epcot and DHS. The WL is gorgeous and convenient for MK. BC is all about location and WL is all about the resort experience. SAB at the BC is nice but we also like the WL leisure pool. :) Both resorts are nice. The Copper Creek rooms will have a better view. Approximately 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony.

We are on our last day (cry!) of our split stay at WL and BC (both DVC). As others have said, WL is convenient to MK, BC is (even more) convenient to Epcot and HS (5 minute walk to Epcot, 20 minute walk to HS, with options for boat or skyliner).

I would also take into account the vibe; WL is so much more soothing, and “away from it all”, after the hustle and bustle and heat of the parks; and I would say that the dining options there are just fine, especially with mobile ordering/take-out. And the pools, though not “water park”-like, are beautiful, and usually not very hectic or noisy. Plus, you get the electric water pageant (is that what it’s called?) on the lake every night, something nice during the time that we don’t have fireworks.

Beach Club, on the other hand, has are much more energetic vibe, very much like “a day at the beach”, water slide and lazy river, etc. it just *feels* totally different.

I love them both,and I think that you will have a great time at either!

I am a fan of the Beach Club area and especially the walkability to Epcot and DHS. And let's not forget the pool area, it's pretty much the best pool at WDW. Also, as others have mentioned, if someone is to sleep on that pull out sofa at CCV, you'll want to make sure they're ok with it. They're not the worst I've slept on but it's not stellar either. Our daughters usually sleep on that so they're fine with it but it's not ideal and if that's a factor, then go with BC since you'll get regular beds. However, you may get a mini balcony as opposed to the full.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but being able to walk to 2 of the 4 parks from BC right now is a big perk. Unless/until the limited bus capacity goes away, the bus situation can be tricky and time consuming to navigate. The Beach Club room, as noted, will have two actual beds and is about 50 sq ft bigger than the Copper Creek studio. I don't know how many are in your travel party, but the two beds and larger space will be good if its more than 2 adults. You will lose the microwave/wet bar area in a studio by staying in the Beach Club room, if that's a concern.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but being able to walk to 2 of the 4 parks from BC right now is a big perk. Unless/until the limited bus capacity goes away, the bus situation can be tricky and time consuming to navigate. The Beach Club room, as noted, will have two actual beds and is about 50 sq ft bigger than the Copper Creek studio. I don't know how many are in your travel party, but the two beds and larger space will be good if its more than 2 adults. You will lose the microwave/wet bar area in a studio by staying in the Beach Club room, if that's a concern.

Thank you! It will just be my husband and I this trip, so I think the Beach Club is sounding perfect at this point. We love walking around World Showcase too! I've always dreamed of staying at the Beach Club and I think $400.00 a night is a really good deal.

I am a fan of the Beach Club area and especially the walkability to Epcot and DHS. And let's not forget the pool area, it's pretty much the best pool at WDW. Also, as others have mentioned, if someone is to sleep on that pull out sofa at CCV, you'll want to make sure they're ok with it. They're not the worst I've slept on but it's not stellar either. Our daughters usually sleep on that so they're fine with it but it's not ideal and if that's a factor, then go with BC since you'll get regular beds. However, you may get a mini balcony as opposed to the full.
Thank you so much for your advice! It's just my husband and I this trip to celebrate my Birthday. I think I'm leaning more towards the Beach Club. :cloud9:

I agree with BC! BC/BCV are our favorite resort, we love the pool and the ability to walk to two parks.
Some of the standard rooms have full balconies, just make that your #1 request. We have stayed in a standard room with full balcony a couple times. I usually just make that my only request. Have a great trip.
Thank you so much! I'm calling today to request a full balcony and to tell them we're celebrating my birthday. Maybe we'll get some pixie dust! :tink:

We are on our last day (cry!) of our split stay at WL and BC (both DVC). As others have said, WL is convenient to MK, BC is (even more) convenient to Epcot and HS (5 minute walk to Epcot, 20 minute walk to HS, with options for boat or skyliner).

I would also take into account the vibe; WL is so much more soothing, and “away from it all”, after the hustle and bustle and heat of the parks; and I would say that the dining options there are just fine, especially with mobile ordering/take-out. And the pools, though not “water park”-like, are beautiful, and usually not very hectic or noisy. Plus, you get the electric water pageant (is that what it’s called?) on the lake every night, something nice during the time that we don’t have fireworks.

Beach Club, on the other hand, has are much more energetic vibe, very much like “a day at the beach”, water slide and lazy river, etc. it just *feels* totally different.

I love them both,and I think that you will have a great time at either!

Thank you so much! This is some great advice. Is Stormalong Bay crazy busy and loud? My husband and I really want to relax this trip. Maybe we should do a split stay too?

Thank you so much! This is some great advice. Is Stormalong Bay crazy busy and loud? My husband and I really want to relax this trip. Maybe we should do a split stay too?
Another vote for a split stay. CCV/WL is a much more serene setting than BC. So you could use those first 2 or 3 nights to wind down and enjoy MK. Then move to BC for the last part of your stay and enjoy the atmosphere there.

This is the type of split stay we do all the time. We usually do 3 nights at an MK resort and then 4 nights at an EP resort. We usually schedule our AK park day for our move day, since we have to take a bus there regardless of where you stay, so we just do it on move day when we would have to take a bus somewhere anyway.

Split stays are easy peasy. Pack up your bags and drop them off with bell services on your way out to the park and ask them to move them to your new resort. Your bags will usually arrive at your new resort between 3-5pm. We just stop at bell services when we get back from the park and pick up our luggage and take it to our room ourselves (this is assuming the new room is ready). If the new room isn't ready yet, we just go wander around the resort/boardwalk area until our room is ready.

Note for CCV: the bison burger at Geyser Point is awesome (minus the bbq sauce... I didn't like that part)!!!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter