What to do with Journey Into Imagination

What should Disney do with Journey Into Imagination?

• Leave it how it is!

• I want the original attraction back!

• New Attraction...but with the Dreamfinder

• Completely New Concept, Completely New Ride

• Figure out a way to add Stitch...every ride is better with Stitch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I LOVE Figment and soooo miss the original JII. The room that was all white and glittery and smelled of roses is my all time favorite thing in WDW EVER! Bring that back!

The current attraction is okay but the original was the best.

I read that article and it gives very good points that the new attraction is missing that "one little spark". Dreamfinder showed us how we could use our imagination. Dr.Nigel Channing is just teaching us another elementary school lesson on the senses.

Figment is one of my favorite Disney characters and I'm glad they still have him in the pavilion. JIYI anyone?
Figment is a cute character but he's so annoying to me in the current attraction. In the old attraction,he had that playful,fun,curious attitude that we loved.
He and Dreamfinder were our Captains of Imagination. Dr.Nigel Channing is still a student and Figment is the teacher.

Dreamfinder is not property of Kodak because Kodak was only the sponsors of the attraction. If Dreamfinder and Figment were really created by Kodak,we'd probably still have Journey into YOUR Imagination.

I had just bought a 2011 Walt Disney World Guidebook and it says in the Captain EO section there is a rumor that a 3D Movie starring Figment and Dreamfinder will replaced Captain EO. Not really what I wanted.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience was the reason that JII turned into JIYI or JIIWF. Now that Captain EO has taken it's place,Disney should kick Mr.Channing out and put back in Dreamfinder and the old Imageworks.

Overall,I'd like Dreamfinder back whether it's the original with new effects or a new ride with the original song.

I doubt that they would ever go back. I would settle for something new with Figment and Dreamfinder created with...ummm.... imagination.

For what I would do. Stick to the theme of the original. let the imagineers let their imaginations run wild. Doesn't have to be a carbon copy. But, something fun. no educational value.

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way...but I thought the original attraction had a lot of educational value. Teaching kids to imagine and think up new things...that's what Disney is all about. The original attraction was inspiring...and inspiration leads to education.

I would be afraid of them changing it again - Dreamfinder went MIA .... Figment could be next! :eek:

I had just bought a 2011 Walt Disney World Guidebook and it says in the Captain EO section there is a rumor that a 3D Movie starring Figment and Dreamfinder will replaced Captain EO. Not really what I wanted.
I really hope this is not the case - I am soooooo over the whole 3D thing. Actually I would have to have liked it at some point to be over it, never have never will - it gives me (and DD) a headache :sad2:

I really hope this is not the case - I am soooooo over the whole 3D thing. Actually I would have to have liked it at some point to be over it, never have never will - it gives me (and DD) a headache :sad2:

I agree. Not because of the Headache thing, but I think...with the prevalence of 3D films in theaters now, the novelty of 3D at the parks has worn off. Sure, its still cool in a simulator style (like on the new Star Tours), but the normal, sit down 3D show just isn't enough anymore.

Would to not only see the original version of the ride again, but the original interior of the entire pavilion. I miss the rainbow bridge\walkway, upstairs areas, and all the stuff they had to do! I mean, this is Journey into the Imagination right? Disney, Imagineers etc.? You would think this ride would\could be a true show case for imaginative ideas and technology.

IMO, it was far, far better a few decades ago when it opened. :)

I love the original. I have a picture of when I was 12 standing with the Dreamfinder holding Figment. I fell in love with little Figment and still have my stuffed toy figment I got that very same day....I'm 34 now!

Would to not only see the original version of the ride again, but the original interior of the entire pavilion. I miss the rainbow bridge\walkway, upstairs areas, and all the stuff they had to do! I mean, this is Journey into the Imagination right? Disney, Imagineers etc.? You would think this ride would\could be a true show case for imaginative ideas and technology.

IMO, it was far, far better a few decades ago when it opened. :)

I agree with everything in this post.

I miss the atmosphere of the old attraction,especially the queue. Seeing pictures of that mural makes me cry because how it got turned into an ugly science queue.

Disney is all about imagination but it's obvious that all of their imagination fuel has run out and can't refuel themselves at the moment.

I figured that I would add my two cents. ;) As much as I enjoyed (and preferred) the original Dreamfinder version, I would not like it to return. I would like the Imagineers to come up with a fresh, new story for Dreamfinder and Figment. Obviously, with the endless amount imagination at their disposal, a new adventure could be amazing!!! :wizard:

Doug

I voted for new attraction with Dreamfinder included. I would be thrilled if they could recreate the original, but I think thats next to impossible. Something that captures that spirit would be nice. The version immediately after they gutted it was a travesty. The current version isn't that much better, IMHO.

The current attraction isn't too bad but it's not as bad as Journey into YOUR Imagination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I3rSBoIY4 < For those of you who haven't seen it before.

I don't even know why Disney wanted to change JII in the first place. Fuji offered to sponsor the attraction but it would of been a thrill ride. JIYI is sort of like that. If you love Dr.Nigel Channing taking over the Imagination Pavilion.

A new ride wouldn't be too bad as long as it's the same plot as the old JII. I really want Dreamfinder to be back.

You guys should know that the voice of Figment is different in the new attraction than the old one because the old voice died after JIYI. If a new attraction comes around,Dreamfinder's voice might be different but I think the original voice for Dreamfinder is still around.

I voted original. They also need to bring back the color tunnel thing and redo the upstairs.

I am one that would love to see Dreamfinder make his way back into the attraction. Even though the original was a classic, I think that if Disney was to revert back to that, then it would be said that it was too "outdated" to some guests. Instead, I would love them to change the storyline to include the Dreamfinder but have a newer storyline.

omg, i had never seen journey into YOUR imagination, and it's hard to believe there was once something actually worse than what they have now, but there was. jeeze, what a terrible ride. i can see why they changed it.... again! i like how the people in that youtube clip seem to be having more fun on the after attraction than the actual attraction.
i just can't get over how bad that was.

I don't want to see the original attraction back. As much as I loved it, WDW is also about change and moving forward. However, change and moving forward in the case of this pavilion has meant keeping guests out of it as much as possible AND dropping a beloved character AND losing sight of the theme of FW itself AND losing sight of the fact that Disney is NOT just for kids.

It's so easy to see what's wrong with the pavilion right now. Guests are welcomed into a queue area that is right at the opening of the building. To me, its not very welcoming as it seems you're allowed in the foyer and on the ride, and then you're shuffled out the exit to buy stuff. It is like they don't *want* you there. The ride doesn't inspire imaginative creation. As a matter of fact, it barely teaches the five senses! Figment has been turned into a bratty, annoying child to a grumpy adult. ImageWorks is a glorified play place for kids. The stepping tones have been plastered with pictures of babies to discourage older kids and adults from playing there, probably the most egregious unDisney change made in WDW to date. Why? WDW is about indulging your inner child. I can clearly remember being five years old and watching my PARENTS in their mid-to-late thirties having more fun then me at ImageWorks. All our trips as a family were prior to the change, so we have no pictures of us enjoying the Imagination Pavilion because we were so busy having fun!

I left the original ride feeling like I could go out in the world and accomplish something because my imagination could led to all sorts of discoveries. It tied into FW so well because you could see the imagination at work at the other pavilions - like the greenhouse in Living With the Land. Now the Imagination Pavilion has been turned into an expensive play place for toddlers most folks don't visit unless they have kids - and if they do visit its to get out of the heat or to torture themselves with memories of what was on their way to spend money on Figment merchandise.

I want to see Dreamfinder come back so Figment can have his "real" personality come back. Figment needs to be the child discovering the wonders of imagination and Dreamfinder needs to be the guide adults can identify with - and be humbled by. I want to see the building be open again with plenty of activities. You've got those gorgeous buildings, let people in them! I want people to get off the ride once again believing that they can accomplish what they wish with just that 'spark'. Kids leaving thinking they really *can* achieve their dreams and adults leaving thinking that they *should* get to that project they've put off since assuming the mantle of adulthood.

I know a lot of people harp on the changes in the ride, but I think the biggest downfall in the current setup is ImageWorks. Not only is it geared towards kids, but its a small pit-stop on your way out of the building. The old ImageWorks used to be a place where kids AND adults could play for HOURS. What better example of imagination than creative activities that you couldn't pull yourself away from?

And can you just imagine the possibilities for souvenirs??? Not just t-shirts with Figment, but I'd LOVE to see an ImageWorks gift shop that had items that would spark your imagination - art kits, writing kits, journals, sketchbooks, Disney craft kits - the more I think about it, they more I think they really missed out on an opportunity there.

I'm ashamed that I don't remember much from the original Imageworks. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter